100 plus pounds to lose.

Options
Saiosyn
Saiosyn Posts: 41 Member
Hello, everyone. I'm on a journey to lose 100 plus pounds. 147lbs to be exact. Though I'm breaking it down into sections. I wish to loose 50 lbs in 3-4 months and an average of at least 2lbs a week. My weakness seems to be Fats. Dairy is a big thing in my life, and my diet pretty much cuts it out completely. Not that I can never have it, but it's occasional.

Basically, I have a certain amount of food to eat each day. 2 Proteins, 1 Tbsp of Fat, 4 Veggies...so on so forth. I don't really need to count calories since I will always be eating 1500 calories or under with my daily food intake. But I'm counting them anyway. I also need to drink 80-100oz of water, which all but kills me.

I've been failing in the Dairy department. Can't seem to give it up. I slip and drink milk more often than I should. Or I eat more cheese. I love cheese....and milk....and mayo. xD So I need to severely discipline myself in this area.

Any new friends are always welcomes. Help, support, and advice as well.

Thanks ^.^

Replies

• Saiosyn
    Options
    As for why I'm eliminating dairy, well... that's the diet plan I'm on. It's not completely gone, just can't have it as much as I used to. I always had cheese and I drank milk for every meal. It's the only thing I really liked to drink. Juice is too sugar, water was too bland and I wasn't much of a soda person. But i get where you're coming from. Thank you ^.^
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had 124 lbs to lose when I started. Now, it's 89. Add me if you like!

And have you tried string cheese? The brands I use have them at 80 calories and it's measured and packaged already, so it's not like I'm sitting there carving up a block of it.
  • Lauryen828
    Lauryen828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey There! I began my journey Today. I joined a gym and began a clean eating regimen. I have lost 200lbs prior to this journey several years ago and I have since gained 50 back. Candy (Jelly Belly Jelly beans) are my downfall as well as bread. My goal, get rid of the Sweets, Increase my water intake and exercise. I am looking to lose 50-70lbs by August. Total 100 lbs by January 2018. Add me if you want to take this journey together.
  • CherrieAnna
    CherrieAnna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can I join your group? I began February 1 at 249lbs and would like to lose 110. My immediate goal is to loss 30 by May 15 on 1270 calories a day. I too love cheese and dairy as estherdragon points out string cheese is a life saver. I eat mainly Baker's smoked string cheese usually wrapped in a 1oz slice of roasted chicken breast to increase protein intake. So far I have lost 9lbs and feel positive most of the time. But I'm waiting for "the other shoe to fall" as it always does when I say "This pint of gelato won't hurt if I don't eat anything else." Or I can have a few of those snakes with a glass of wine." Then I get upset with myself and actually 'punish' myself by eating and getting off track because I feel like a miserable failure. This time I've gone a month straight through and I'm nervous. Need a little support. I have family support but it's not the same. One sister lost 100 lbs with surgery (for her diabetes) and another lost 70 lbs with WeightWatchers. I need and can offer support.
  • Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The weight will come off fast at first but then its going to get harder and you have to be more precise with your calories and macro nutrients, fats are not the enemy ther actually good for you in moderation they help regulate your hormones, so if you enjoy your fats u can have them just keep your carbs lower
  • Saiosyn
    Options
    Someone asked me to form a group and just cause it will be good for not only me but maybe a few other members of the community, I did. It's called: Let's Lose it: 100+lbs. If you're interested, feel free to join. Thank you all for your words and advice. The string cheese is a really good idea for me, thank you. And I've never counted calories on a diet, so this is new for. But I'm gonna give it a try. Limiting carbs is something new for me as well, but I've been good about it. ^.^
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had 124 lbs to lose when I started. Now, it's 89. Add me if you like!

And have you tried string cheese? The brands I use have them at 80 calories and it's measured and packaged already, so it's not like I'm sitting there carving up a block of it.

I second this. String cheese and those Babybel mini cheese rounds are my goto snack food during the day. I try to always take a couple with me in the morning.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Does milk have flavor? I am lactose intolerant so I rarely just drink milk. You could try adding fruit to your water.
  • CherrieAnna
    CherrieAnna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hensonator, that's what I'm afraid of losing weight rather quickly and then having the loss slow down and getting discouraged. Any advice Theo166? You seem to be super successful!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to follow this diet? It's made up of arbitrary rules that are the opposite of what and how you like to eat. The calorie allowance seems a bit low too, and the amount of water quite excessive.

You're going to be doing this for a long, long time, so your plan has to be something you can stick to without having to rely on discipline.
  • Saiosyn
    Options
    I'm following this plan because it's worked before. Till I went through depression. I refused to eat anything and when I did it was the worst choices. Not only did it work for me, it's worked for several people I know. and the diet is 1500 calories or lower, which is actually quite a good amount. It just restricts how much of a certain group I can have. Sounds worse than it is, but it worked for me, friends, and family. I'm not stuck eating foods I don't like either. I love the food I make. The only difference between this and just calorie counting in general, is it focuses on the things your body needs over the whole food pyramid. Just limits them. Though I have added string cheese to the diet, it's helped when I wanted something cheesy. ^.^
  • redkitty615
    redkitty615 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting again (2/22/17) and I have a total of 110 lbs to lose. I lost 30 lbs last time I used MFP, and really like just planning what I eat and make adjustments to it to meet my calorie goals for the day (1400). I'd love to join too! :)
  • tchriscoe
    tchriscoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys can I join with you? I would like to lose 108 pounds. So this is a challenge but seeing others doing well helps a lot.
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started 68 days ago at 270lbs, and at my last weigh in two weeks ago I was down to 256.9, not bad!

My diary is set at 1920kcal a day, which is just between -1 and -1.5 a week. I originally started at 2020 and will continue to work down slowly.

My goal started as dropping 20lbs by Easter which I don't see myself having a problem hitting now. Currently, aiming to lose 71lbs to drop into onederland, then on from there for at least a 100+lbs loss.

Feel free to shoot me an add :)
  • maddieandJulianasmom
    Options
    Hi! I am also looking to lose 100 pounds. My downfall is sweets. I love chocolate and baked goods. I am focusing on exercising, tracking, and eating more protein! Best of luck to everyone.
  • poofus73
    poofus73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... want to lose 90 pounds in a slow, reasonable pace. I need to be able to keep up with my two little boys!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hensonator, that's what I'm afraid of losing weight rather quickly and then having the loss slow down and getting discouraged. Any advice Theo166? You seem to be super successful!

In the beginning, I think we drop weight quickly because of more fiber and less salt, the scale victory is a good short term boost. After that you just need to log everything you eat, so you build awareness on calories and portion sizes. It'll keep coming off if you are accurate in your tracking and stick to reasonable goals.

In the beginning make your diet your main focus and not try to exercise away the fat.
  • sunshynegurl
    sunshynegurl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey OP!! I am also in the 100lbs+ category - exactly 100lbs. We can do it!!!! The best thing to do, imo, is to start slow and aim at reasonable standards. Instead of saying "wow I need to lose 100lbs by October" be more like "I need to lose 10lbs by April!" I wish everyone good luck and success, and can't wait to see before/after pictures!!