Puppy Pics for people that like puppy pics

Replies

• Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    @ValleyHooper...Wonderful!! Shilah is beautiful, and I wish you both the best! Always get a warm 'n fuzzy when I hear someone has adopted a shelter dog and it's a match!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Raynne413 wrote: »

Maybe I could do research into low activity dogs. . . Then I wouldn't feel so guilty! I get a bulldog is low activity. LOL

Not sure if you can afford a doggie daycare, but we send our two pups 2-3 times a week. (usually Mon/Wed/Fri)
    They charge $40/day for the two of them. They LOVE it. They play hard while there. When they come home, they are exhausted, pretty much eat dinner and sleep 'til 3 the next day. :)

Our pups are not quite 2 years old yet, so that would factor in on how many days you would send them. (we adopted them when they were 4 months old)

Our older pup was 6 when we adopted him. He went once a week and would sleep for 3 days after. He went until he passed away at 15. (He was a shepherd mix, and I'm convinced the play time helped him live that long)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Also wanted to add, our older pup was terrified of thunderstorms, and would literally rip the molding off of the doors if left home alone. We would take him to daycare on any days where thunder was predicted, and he eventually learned to not fear them so much.

I talked to the daycare ladies, and they said that since the dogs were indoors, the noisy dogs mostly drowned the noise of the thunder. Also the fact that the other dogs didn't react to the thunder helped him realize that it was not the end of the world.
    Our young pups don't react to thunder at all.

Hope this helps in case someone adopts a terrified dog...
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Also wanted to add, our older pup was terrified of thunderstorms, and would literally rip the molding off of the doors if left home alone. We would take him to daycare on any days where thunder was predicted, and he eventually learned to not fear them so much.

I talked to the daycare ladies, and they said that since the dogs were indoors, the noisy dogs mostly drowned the noise of the thunder. Also the fact that the other dogs didn't react to the thunder helped him realize that it was not the end of the world.
    Our young pups don't react to thunder at all.

Hope this helps in case someone adopts a terrified dog...

My parents' poor rescue puppy was abused as a puppy (and they got the poor baby around 6 months). She had been brought back to the shelter several times because she was so skittish. They told my parents they could bring her back, too. My Mumm absolutely refused. It wasn't her fault she was scared. It was the fault of the horrid person that abused her. She passed away at around 12 years, and she never got past being scared, but she did calm down a bit. My parents had to get her a Thundershirt for storms. :) She was so sweet.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Just a question, is there such a thing as a puppy pic for someone who doesn't like puppies?

I've never seen a puppy that wasn't cute and cuddly.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Ian is not a puppy, he is about 9. But still probably the cutest.

It looks like you pulled poor Ian's teeth (dentures?) out,
    don't play so rough.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
  • Charliegreeniam
    Charliegreeniam Posts: 33 Member
    Dogs are not human beings..They Are a emogulated plague of what they don't want to be and when they hit you with their slimy snout on your leg they take minutes hours days weeks months and years off of your life. . So Wake up! They hurt us and make us sick.