Your best chicken recipe!

Options
alyssag2011
alyssag2011 Posts: 46 Member
What's your favorite chicken breast seasonings and how do you like to cook it??

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    My favorite is rotisserie chicken, but I buy it from Sams club.

Growing up we would marinate chicken in Italian dressing (good seasons - the kind you make with the envelope). Then we would grill it. It's delicious, but I don't think calorie friendly since the salad dressing is not low calorie.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Marinate in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, and Greek seasoning blend then grill.
  • jennilee1074
    jennilee1074 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Throw a bag of chicken in the crock pot add a bottle of Italian dressing and cook all day.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Cornflake breaded chicken fingers
    I use 2 cups cornflakes (crushed) and 1/2 c grated Parmesan seasoned with salt and pepper for the breeding.
    This baked up nice and crispy. My five year old loves it! Great with sweet potato fries
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    Haha.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    "Breading" not "breeding"
  • alyssag2011
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Can't wait to try the enchilada chicken bake!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I don't eat chicken breasts very often. My favorite way to cook chicken thighs with bones in and skin on them is to put them in a cast iron skillet and then in the oven on 420 until the skin is brown and crisp and the bones are showing. They are so moist and rich, I can only eat 1 and the half of another one. The organic ones don't seem to need any seasoning - but I have been known to dip pieces in siracha sauce. I save the cracklings and the fat for another meal (like rice and chicken livers). I know - how am I not huge?
  • alyssag2011
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I don't eat chicken breasts very often. My favorite way to cook chicken thighs with bones in and skin on them is to put them in a cast iron skillet and then in the oven on 420 until the skin is brown and crisp and the bones are showing. They are so moist and rich, I can only eat 1 and the half of another one. The organic ones don't seem to need any seasoning - but I have been known to dip pieces in siracha sauce. I save the cracklings and the fat for another meal (like rice and chicken livers). I know - how am I not huge?

I am not a fan of bone in chicken ☹️
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    boneless chicken breasts rubbed with a little garlic powder, salt, pepper...etc. put in dish...top each piece with a layer of cream cheese then coat with italian bread crumbs...bake in the oven!
  • hannat5017
    hannat5017 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Couple favorites first is what we had last night 1 oz reduced fat feta cheese, 1 oz cream cheese i use neufchatel and then cut up spinach and a dash of garlic powder. Cut a slit in the chicken breast mix everything together and stuff the breast. So yummy. I also like just a breast seasoned with garlic powder, basil, and oregano. Very basic but yummy.
  • alyssag2011
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I like to cut up chicken breast into chuncks and cook it on Catalina dressing there's quite a few calories in the dressing though. So always nice to hear new ideas!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    I like to pour cream of mushroom soup over it, add sauted mushrooms & onions, garlic & bake it
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    McCormick makes some really great spice blends. Our favorites are rotisserie, Asian and chipotle. We cook our chicken breasts in the nuwave oven with the rotisserie seasoning and it's a winner every time! My husband can't really eat meat other than chicken so we make every meal with it! Grind it up and make our own breakfast sausage (biscuits and gravy with this stuff Is life changing). Crockpot it with either salsa, bbq sauce, or salt/pepper/onion/garlic. Chinese food, white chicken chili, spinach feta chicken pita pizza...the list is endless.
  • twobirdperch
    twobirdperch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Brine chicken overnight in dill pickle juice, then pat dry, dunk in egg, then seasoned panko, and bake. It sounds crazy, but the pickle brine makes for really favorable, tender chicken. Not "the" healthiest, but not bad and really yummy.
  • alyssag2011
    Options
    Throw a bag of chicken in the crock pot add a bottle of Italian dressing and cook all day.

Going to try this today!