Skipping the snacks (healthy ones too) and losing weight before wedding

Options
Hello,

My wedding is in June this year and I have 2.5 months to lose some weight because I need to get my dress fitting in mid May to ensure it's sized and done on time for the wedding.

I have decided to track consistently for 2.5 months at around 1200 cals a day as I have a desk job 5 days a week and i will continue to lift weights 3 days a week with some cardio fit in where ever i feel like and have the energy for.

I am about 155lbs and want to drop about 10lbs. I am 5'9" and I am eating mostly healthy during this deficit trial.

Any tips are welcome to post below! Thanks!

Replies

• GuessIgottalog
    GuessIgottalog Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will only be eating 3 meals a day (hopefully lol) Breakfast Lunch and Supper.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting has made it a bit easier for me to eat 1250 calories maybe it could help you. For me when I tried eating only 1250 for the day, especially days I didn't have many exercise calories it was extremely tough.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I will only be eating 3 meals a day (hopefully lol) Breakfast Lunch and Supper.

Meal frequency/timing is a preference thing and doesn't matter for weight loss. What matters is that you're hitting the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals. You don't have to cut out snacks if you enjoy them, you just need to fit what you're eating into your daily calorie target.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If you're giving up snacks because eating more frequently makes you hungrier I understand otherwise you don't need to give them up.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting helped me to stay within my calories when I was eating a 1200 calorie diet and I have sustained that habit (two meals a day, in a 4-6 hours window). An increase in protein consumption filled me up for longer. Looking at your diary, it looks like you aren't meeting your protein goals, but are going over your carb goals regularly....personally, I would try replacing some of the bread and fruit in your diet with more protein rich foods. Even a scoop of protein powder added to your morning yogurt and fruit could increase your protein intake by 20g or more. Be sure and eat a portion of your cardio calories back...that will keep you from feeling miserable on those days. Preplanning and logging your meals a few days in advance and sticking to the plan can help you stay within your calorie goal.
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have also had success with Intermittent Fasting in a 4-6 hour window. In addition to IF, I like to follow a LCHF (low carb, high fat) way of eating. I've found this to be the most satiety way of eating for me.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Are you sure your math is right, OP? You want to lose about 1lb/wk, right? That's a 500 calorie daily deficit. At 5'9", your TDEE is probably much, much higher than 1700!!!

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Snacking is not bad. You can spilt your calories up into 1 meal, 3 meals or 6 meals. As long as it is the same amount of calories it does not matter. Do what helps you function best.

Since you are not overweight losing 10 lbs in 2.5 months is probably going to burn you out and be unhealthy. 5 lbs would be more realistic and healthy in that time period. Select .5 lb per week for your goal. As a sedentary 5'9" woman you should probably be eating about 1,300-1,500 calories in addition to some exercise calories. Do not eat below the recommended minimum of 1200 calories for women. You want to be healthy and at your best for your wedding not just slightly smaller.

Get a food scale and improve the accuracy of your logging. Solid foods should be weighed instead of using measuring cups and spoons. Check that the entries you are using from the database are correct. If you cook use the recipe builder to log your food.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is within the healthy range as it is 22.9. It will still be healthy if you lose 10 lbs. Are you really wanting to lose weight or get more toned?
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    I just looked at your food diary, and it seems like you've been having a difficult time meeting your calorie goal of 1400. I'm guessing reducing that down to 1200/day will prove to be unsustainable for you.

It certainly won't be easy, given your activity level and the fact that you're already at a healthy weight.

I wasn't really trying hard enough to meet 1400. Now im at 1250 and im going to give it all I got!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    1200 sounds really low for someone who is 5' 10"?
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    If you're giving up snacks because eating more frequently makes you hungrier I understand otherwise you don't need to give them up.

Snacks are given up so I can have bigger meals and stay under calorie goal.
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Are you sure your math is right, OP? You want to lose about 1lb/wk, right? That's a 500 calorie daily deficit. At 5'9", your TDEE is probably much, much higher than 1700!!!

Nope prob not. Blessed with t1 diabetes and hypothyroid. and i have a desk job.
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Snacking is not bad. You can spilt your calories up into 1 meal, 3 meals or 6 meals. As long as it is the same amount of calories it does not matter. Do what helps you function best.

Since you are not overweight losing 10 lbs in 2.5 months is probably going to burn you out and be unhealthy. 5 lbs would be more realistic and healthy in that time period. Select .5 lb per week for your goal. As a sedentary 5'9" woman you should probably be eating about 1,300-1,500 calories in addition to some exercise calories. Do not eat below the recommended minimum of 1200 calories for women. You want to be healthy and at your best for your wedding not just slightly smaller.

Get a food scale and improve the accuracy of your logging. Solid foods should be weighed instead of using measuring cups and spoons. Check that the entries you are using from the database are correct. If you cook use the recipe builder to log your food.

Yes i have a scale i use everytime i eat. Also, i don't have the time. I just want the weight gone asap and then maintain.
  • jason17305
    jason17305 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Give up the snacks. Each time you snack, you raise insulin a little(depending if the food is low carb or not). Our parents had it right, stick to 3 square meals a day.