For the record on stretch marks.

Options
keith0373
keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
Many of us guys could care less about stretch marks. They are usually scars earned by some sort of tough battle, either with weight, or bearing a child. My wife (Perkymeli here) has a few (don't tell her I said that in public) and I think they are Hot!

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    WIN!
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    Options
    THAT IS SO SWEET!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I really like this!!!! Thanks for posting this!!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awww this is so precious! What a good hubby! :smile:
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    I have them from being preggo. I used to call them my tiger strips, but I get more comfortable with them all the time! Thanks for posting, my hubby agrees! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to score those brownie points!!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    No one I've ever been with has cared that I have stretch mark scars. Maybe I've just been lucky, but they care more about who I am than a handful of scars. ;)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    One day when I was fussing about stretch marks and saying I would have to swim in shorts forevermore instead of the bathing suit I was staring at in the mirror, my oldest son smiled at me and said, "What stretch marks? All I see is tiger stripes and they look great on you, Mom!"

::purrrrrr::
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    That's so sweet, i have so many friends who are embarressed by them. I just wish they'd accept it as it is :)
  • keith0373
    Options
    Way to score those brownie points!!

No brownie points. There was some nastiness going on earlier in the forums and I wanted to add my 2 cents :)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i hope my future husband feels this way too ♥ lucky woman.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    No one I've ever been with has cared that I have stretch mark scars. Maybe I've just been lucky, but they care more about who I am than a handful of scars. ;)
    I agree that most men really don't care, but must add that for me, it's not about what my hubby or anyone else thinks. It's about how I feel about myself, and I am pretty bothered by my stretch marks(from two pregnancies). I just don't like the way they look.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hubby feels the same way as the OP. Gotta love it! :)
  • keith0373
    Options
    I agree that most men really don't care, but must add that for me, it's not about what my hubby or anyone else thinks. It's about how I feel about myself, and I am pretty bothered by my stretch marks(from two pregnancies). I just don't like the way they look.

They fade with time. Our kids are all teens now and they just look like little light colored lines, unless you are really close and most people aren't going to be that close to my wife's tummy or hips . .LOL
  • keith0373
    Options
    Double Post
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    One day when I was fussing about stretch marks and saying I would have to swim in shorts forevermore instead of the bathing suit I was staring at in the mirror, my oldest son smiled at me and said, "What stretch marks? All I see is tiger stripes and they look great on you, Mom!"

::purrrrrr::
    That is awesome!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have them from being preggo. I used to call them my tiger strips, but I get more comfortable with them all the time! Thanks for posting, my hubby agrees! :)

OMG - I call them tiger stripes too! Luckily, I have a husband like yours who doesn't mind them...thanks goodness! :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: YAY! Thanks for sharing that male perspective.

I'm slowly but surely learning to love my stretch marks. They are definately "battle scars" for me, a badge of honor that shows that I survived a few eating disorders and worked really hard at controlling my weight.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    You are kind. My hubby loves me no matter what I look like. As I have aged I have accepted the stretch marks but I can accept the extra skin... this is why I work so hard. I want a perfect tone tummy!!!
  • Casey9968
    Casey9968 Posts: 17
    Options
    One day when I was sharing the bathroom with my husband he asked me what where those marks on my stomach (mind you i've never been pregnant and he knows that). I replied they are stretch marks. He then says to me "Were you ever pregnant?". My jaw dropped to the floor. It made me feel awful. They had never really bothered me until that moment. I told him that it was because I got fat since i've been with him and stormed out. Thank you for posting this it made me feel better. Your wife is lucky you think that way