should i grab a cheeseburger??

Options
So over the past few weeks I've been steady losing weight. I've lost about 10lbs however, I've noticed the scale has stayed the same over about 3 days now. I've read on here to jumpstart your body again, having a cheat day is a good option to kind of trick your body into fat burning mode again. So should I run out and add a cheeseburger to my daily calorie intake?

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sure, one cheat meal or a cheat day is good to have.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I think you'll also find that if you have read here about "jump starting" or whatever, that if you read on you'll find a chorus of responses disputing the idea.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Weight loss tends to be faster in the beginning, so the fact that it's slowing down is totally normal. No need to go changing anything.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    A true stall is 6 weeks. Relax, keep logging. Eating a cheeseburger (or cheat days/meals) aren't going to magically cause weight to fall off. There are no foods that cause weight gain/loss... it's all about the balance between consumed calories and expended calories.

If you eat food such as cheeseburgers within your calories, how could this possibly be cheating?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Just carry on with what you've been doing. You don't need a cheat day or cheat meal or a jumpstart. The only thing you need is patience because, as others have said, weight loss isn't linear and 3 days is definitely nothing to worry about. That said, I think a cheeseburger sounds good. I'll have to fit it into my calories for the day.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Best I can tell, if you are going to "jumpstart" anything you should opt for something that will give you a massive carb overload rather than something like a cheeseburger. But all you are really doing is clearing out your colon a little quicker. It won't increase the rate at which you burn fat and it could cause you to gain fat.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you're going to have a burger, have a burger but you're not tricking your body into anything.
    Its been 3 days..

This.

There's no jumpstarting or tricks. If you want to have a cheeseburger, work it into your calories.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Don't go grab a cheeseburger...

Make your own at home, no added salt, whole grain bun, grass fed beef, organic cheese and enjoy...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Make your own at home, no added salt, whole grain bun, grass fed beef, organic cheese and enjoy...

Shes making the burger for her not you... you do realize that right? lol
    And considering that she is going out to get one from a burger place, its probably a safe assumption that the salt, whole grains, organic, grass feed beef thing isn't really a concern for her lifestyle.

IKR? Grabbing a cheeseburger sounds good until you give it parameters.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    LOL it sounds like it just sucked all the fun right out of it.

I don't even think my local store carries most of that stuff.. so by the time i went from store to store finding organic cheese and grass fed beef and a nice whole grain hamburger bun and making sure that all those things arent too salty.. cause bread and especially cheese technically tend to be on the saltier side anyway.. I would probably be too tired to cook it..

Organic carrot maybe? lol

It was a buzzkill!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    3 days?? really?
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    So over the past few weeks I've been steady losing weight. I've lost about 10lbs however, I've noticed the scale has stayed the same over about 3 days now. I've read on here to jumpstart your body again, having a cheat day is a good option to kind of trick your body into fat burning mode again. So should I run out and add a cheeseburger to my daily calorie intake?

There really is no "tricking your body" when you hit a plateau it'll be obvious over a course of several days not 3 or 4. As for the cheat day goes, all the research I did for years while I studied health, fitness and nutrition came to the same point that there is nothing wrong with a cheat day. Myself I lost the most consistently when I had a regular cheat day every week. I picked Sunday because of football, didn't count and didnt care. I just put in extra effort on Monday and Tuesday was all.

I don't think diet is the issue you are facing, I say have that cheat day. And mix up your workout routine. The body adapts to the exercise you do and you should change it up every 12 weeks or so as your body adjust to the routine in roughly 12 weeks time. That is where the "trick your body" comes into play. The workout, NOT the food intake.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options

Shes making the burger for her not you... you do realize that right? lol
    And considering that she is going out to get one from a burger place, its probably a safe assumption that the salt, whole grains, organic, grass feed beef thing isn't really a concern for her lifestyle.

Hence my recommendation...

Besides if the burger was for me I would have recommended the all new Carl's Jr (Hardy s) low carb burger :D

You guys are killing me... Took the fun out of it?

All that shopping and healthy burger construction is what makes it fun for me...

I say you're the killer of burger bliss here... ;)