Eggs! So how do you like yours ?

Options

Replies

• Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Love egg and chips u cnt beat it for all you americans on here we call fries chips here in england, just letting you know so your not confused lol
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine mixes scrambled egg and rice. I love rice but haven't plucked up the courage to put egg with mine yet.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a kiss
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    Fried over medium. Firm white, runny yolk. So versatile. On black beans, on pasta, on a sandwich, over stewed tomatoes, yum yum yum.

Definitely no runny yolk for me. Big turn off.
  • h2thesquared
    h2thesquared Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fried or poached, the runnier the middle the better for me

In fact I just tried raw yolks in a post-workout smoothie for the first time last week... not bad at all, actually
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm a simple fella. Over easy and hard boiled through the week, 3 egg western every Sunday at Pete's Place on Wyandotte in Windsor. Greatest omelette ever.
  • Hensonator1084
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Keep it simple i like it
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Oh scrambled with cheese with a ton of hot sauce is my favorite. Deviled eggs come in second.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    I love eggs. I am fortunate enough to have more than a few free range hens. Their eggs are delicious any way they are cooked but my favorite way is an omelette with green onions, salmon, and Swiss cheese.

Sounds good. Haven't had an omelette in a long while.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    egg spinach in microwave served on toasted wheat english muffin with a little bit of ketchup. Sometimes I substitute kimchi for the spinach and ketchup.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hensonator1084, My son showed me a trick. If you crush the shell between your hands by rolling, remove a bit of the shell from the small and large ends, hold in between your hands and blow through the top hole, it loosens the egg from its shell and pops it out the other end. Pretty cool party trick, once you master it :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I love eggs ....omelette's cheese, ham or sausage with spinach or mushrooms ......eggs benedict, over medium etc etc
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Most common: egg white fried in a bit of margarine. Toasted English muffin and cheese.

I do like scrambled, omlettes, sandwiches, quiches....
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Any tips on gettin the shell of an hard boild egg fastttttt lol

Get an Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker)! I can't believe how easy the peel come off an egg cooked in the instant pot. Short of making the purchase. Place in ice water after boiling, the shell come off much easier.

I like eggs pretty much any ole way. But I too love poached eggs. Just discovered pickled eggs, soy or miso marinated eggs. New fave!

THIS! Eggs are SO easy now!

I love making vegetarian chili in the Instant Pot, whole chickens, chicken breasts. I can saute stuff in it, slow cook with it, use it as a rice cooker.... It is without a doubt my new FAVORITE kitchen appliance.

ETA: Also, pick up line: How do you like your eggs?
    Response: Unfertilized. :laugh:
  • Hensonator1084
    Options
    Think we should have a national egg day we could make our own on mfp so spread the word lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Firm white, runny yolk, with a slice of homemade sourdough bread for dipping.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Love eggs! We usually hard boil half a dozen and keep them in the fridge.

Favourites are scrambled with salsa and steamed - in a pan with a bit of water and covered.
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Has to be poached eggs