How many people incorporate sweets into their diet?

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I make low-calorie desserts that don't taste "diet" (sorbets are a favorite, as are cooked fruit-based desserts and cakes where much of the oil has been switched out for apple sauce). Once a week, I have something small and high-calorie (often a shortbread cookie with frosting that I estimate at 160 calories). Other than that, it's occasional treats in social settings. A piece of my nephew's homemade birthday cake. Half a custard donut at a Hannukah party.

Mostly, that's enough for me.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    I don't budget for them, but if I want a sweet I have one. Usually, with me, it's something salty not sweet. Potato chips are my spirit animal.
  • moevans19
    moevans19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I have to have my chocolate. I usually eat a few pieces of semi sweet morsels that do the trick or a chocolate pudding with cherries and whipped cream! Omg. Delicious.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    when you eat sugar it turns into fat so its best not to eat sweets. i learned this at school

Well, you better stop eating everything including salad and grilled chicken then because your body turns those into sugar as well.

What about the glucose my body burns for fuel? Does it turn to fat after I have used it for fuel?

b9qumra3vdp9.jpg
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I make low-calorie desserts that don't taste "diet" (sorbets are a favorite, as are cooked fruit-based desserts and cakes where much of the oil has been switched out for apple sauce). Once a week, I have something small and high-calorie (often a shortbread cookie with frosting that I estimate at 160 calories). Other than that, it's occasional treats in social settings. A piece of my nephew's homemade birthday cake. Half a custard donut at a Hannukah party.

Mostly, that's enough for me.

Home made frozen yoghurt is good for this.

Must make some of that, it's been ages.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    when you eat sugar it turns into fat so its best not to eat sweets. i learned this at school

go back to school
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

If you paid money for that school, you might want to ask for your money back.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want just stay within your calories.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I just polished off the last bar in a box of Quest Keto Milk Chocolate bars -- although I don't eat low card, I think they are delicious and add some needed fat to my diet. Too bad I had it on the same day as a 360 cal Len & Larry snickerdoodle and an entire tub of Halo Top. So I'm about 1000 in the hole to start my week.
  • BobbyLively1961
    BobbyLively1961 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love chocolate , I put some in my truck coller so it's cold and eat as slow as I can to make it last
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No. But I save for nuts or cheese
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I definitely plan for my daily dose of chocolate!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yes to dessert! <3
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Please stop it, zach. Whether you're joking or not, just please stop it.

Judging by the content of the numerous posts of his that I've seen, I'm pretty sure he's trolling.
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Always :) probably more than I should, I am seeing 100 - 200 calories a day, mine is more like 300. I may have to rein that in.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

Please stop it, zach. Whether you're joking or not, just please stop it.

Judging by the content of the numerous posts of his that I've seen, I'm pretty sure he's trolling.

I came to the same conclusion but posted anyway because it turns out there's a lot of people who will blithely take absurd advice because they don't know any better.