How do you ( or did) plan to celebrate or reward yourself?

Replies

• CaseySteenport
    CaseySteenport Posts: 41 Member
    New Tattoo. Got one at my halfway point. #2 will occur when I hit my next milestone.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    My halfway-point reward is contact lenses and a martial arts class. My finish line reward? Maybe a bikini? It's been a long time... :blush:
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    I plan on buying nice clothes that will last me a long time. I might even get them tailored to fit my waist for once.

Definitely do this! It might seem a little thing, but clothes feel so much different / better when tailored just for you.
  • AlliRose1014
    AlliRose1014 Posts: 4 Member
    When you finally reach your target weight loss goal? Or If you already did how did your reward yourself.

I thought about spending money on new wardrobe but changed my mind. So I'm planning a 1 week get-away beach vacation as a reward if I reach my goal by my birthday this summer. I can celebrate both my birthday and my weight loss.

Since I've gained weight clothing shopping has become depressing, so when I am finally down the 30-35 lbs I would like to lose, I am going to go crazy buying new clothes. Also, I am going on a trip to New Orleans for Halloween and will let myself enjoy the foods and flavors of the city without restriction!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    In all honesty? Boob job and tummy tuck (or lift if I keep a good amount of mass following hitting my goal), haha! I would love to get rid of this c-section apron and have my boobs look perky again. Some may think it's vain and selfish, but I'm not really bothered by others opinions on the matter. :-)

When I started I said this was NOT what I was going to do, but 44 lbs in and 43 to go... I see a nip and tuck in my future
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    depending on where I am in October (no set end weight really, just going to see how I feel if/when I hit top range of healthy bmi) I will book in dentists for braces and get my teeth sorted. Plus doing it over Nov/Dec/Jan will curb the majority of Christmas overeating due to jaw ache, mouth full of metal and teeth hurting. Win win! lol :p
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    ForMe2No wrote: »
    jelleigh wrote: »
    So this might sound totally self involved, but when I hit my goal weight I want to get a professional fitness inspired photography session done. Something where I look like I could be out of a fitness mag. The reason is that once upon a time (8 years ago now ) I got in great shape and I literally have no photo evidence. So now I almost forget that it's possible. (I put on so much weight since then I don't see the skinny me anymore) And if I have pictures I can look at, it makes me feel more motivated.

Not at all. I was totally thinking the same thing for pretty much the same reason. I'm less than 5lbs from my goal and hoping to hit my goal pretty soon and now I'm thinking maybe I will wait for that photo shoot until after I get a tummy tuck and a breast lift. Decisions decisions...:-)

Glad I'm not the only one @ForMe2No ! I don't think any surgery is in my future tho. (Im hoping maybe I won't need to but maybe that's a pipe dream?! Im 5'8" going from 215 to 140 ish. Anyone have any ideas on how likely I am to end up with skin issues ?)

I read somewhere that it's good to set non food rewards at a whole bunch of small increments. Like 10 lb increments or w/e. So I actually made up a list of things I wanted (ranging in value - some small things like new underwear that fit! Pedicure, massage, new jeans, etc. ) The biggest one at the end was the photo shoot. Although my hubby is starting to get interested in losing now and he's most motivated by a physical goal. We are travel junkies so we are thinking of booking a trip to do a bucket list active trio - hi(e the Inca trail or hike to Base Camp. Then we have to get in shape to be able to do it. ;)
  • cfritchley26
    cfritchley26 Posts: 47 Member
    I have mini goals that I am rewarding with smaller things - mani/pedi, new outfit, nice date with my husband - but my big reward is going to be a new tattoo!
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    All great ideas. When I did this last time I had 60 lbs to lose, and my reward was going to be a new motorcycle.
    Well, I made the goal, never bought the bike and now a few years later have to re-lose 30 pounds. I guess I would have
    had to return 1/2 the bike.
    This time, I plan on no special rewards. Some new clothes along the journey perhaps.
  • rachelcgn
    rachelcgn Posts: 148 Member
    Never really thought about it either, but reading the posts I get some inspiration :) I might have to get a body lift, am down 81lbs and have another 36 or so to go and see quite a bit of loose skin. Will wait a while though to give it some time to fix itself. Would also like a new tattoo. Have one that was completly ruined by weight gain and don't wanna have that happen again. Photo shoot sounds good too ;)
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Depending on how much overlapping skin I have, I may have some body sculpting done.
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    I want to do something adventurous that I need to be fit for. Hiking to Machu Picchu type of adventure.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    becky3695 wrote: »
    In all honesty? Boob job and tummy tuck (or lift if I keep a good amount of mass following hitting my goal), haha! I would love to get rid of this c-section apron and have my boobs look perky again. Some may think it's vain and selfish, but I'm not really bothered by others opinions on the matter. :-)

When I started I said this was NOT what I was going to do, but 44 lbs in and 43 to go... I see a nip and tuck in my future

Yep, if after a year at goal I can;t get things to tighten up I will get a little surgical help.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!