Cheeeeeese.....mmmmmmm cheese :P

Options
2»

Replies

• haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is April and I am a cheese-a-holic. I have not had any cheese for 12 hours. My last slice of cheese was a beautiful slice of Land O' Lakes american cheese sliced at the deli. It was creamy and salty. I don't have a favorite cheese because that would be like chosing between my kids. I would like cheese on my cheese, covered in cheese, with a side of cheese. If I had to give up cheese, I would probably curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb while dreaming of cheese. I have come to enjoy the baby bell products and the herb wedge has seen through some rough times. It is a cheese addict's methadone and the folks at Baby Bell should be rewarded for the community service they perform and the thousands of calories they have saved me.

Thanks,

I could have written this post :)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Huge cheese lover here! Favorites are colby, muenster, and mozzarella. I have cheese for snacks everyday since I'm a carb limiter.

There's this one cheese I had on a date at a wine and cheese tasting a couple months back that I fell in love with! I'm gonna have to check my food diary to see the name of it and try to get some. But yeah, love cheese a lot. The cheese I dislike the most is blue cheese and goat.

Edit: Found it; it's Taleggio cheese. It's kind of expensive but that's to be expected. Gonna look into buying some this weekend! Mmm!
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wonder does cottage cheese count?? lol!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm addicted to French Brie with cherry tomatoes at the moment >_<
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of cheeses, definitely not picky at all.

Last week when I was on my honeymoon, we ate at this place called Narcoossee's (it's at the Grand Floridian Resort at Disney World and I highly recommend going there even if you are not staying there at that resort, cause I didn't stay there...amazing food!!!). The appetizer that I chose was a "cheese selection" which was literally 5 huge hunks of cheese with various berries, some honey, and crackers. It was the first time I had ever eaten sheep cheese, and I want to find some place that sells it NOW!!! OMG it was soooo freakin' good. It tasted like bleu cheese only not as strong, and when you put a little spiced honey on it, it was to die for!

But normally, the cheeses I have in the house are feta (crumbled with Italian seasonings), mozzarella, cheddar, colby jack, cottage cheese, and cream cheese. I like to take cheddar slices and have them with whole wheat crackers and some deli roast beef slices. Or what's really good is mixing feta with cream cheese and filling a piece of chicken with it...then poach using chicken broth and seasonings. YUM!

I have cheese everyday at nearly every meal. :bigsmile:
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    ...Now all I can think about is how much I want cheese!!! haha
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So I'm just reading the list of worst restaurant foods and thinking none of these are worth the calories when I get to...

Denny's Fried Cheese Melt at least deserves some points for innovation -- its menu describes the sandwich as "four fried mozzarella sticks and melted American cheese grilled between two slices of sourdough bread." It adds 1,260 calories to your diet, plus 21 grams of saturated fat, plus 3,1010 milligrams of sodium (that's two days' worth!

Fried mozzarella sticks inside a grilled cheese sandwich!!!! My next maintenance day I'm making a trip to Denny's.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I love cheese so much I can recite the entire Monty Python Cheese Shop sketch by memory!
  • ETsambouris
    Options
    Cheese is my dairy weakness!! I can't go a day without it. I buy the light old cheddar, otherwise my calories take a hit daily!
    I tried going off dairy once....lost my mind! Needed my cheese. Even in a salad, it adds that something extra!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm... cheese. Any kind of cheese, but my faves are feta and goat cheese (at the moment). I have cheese in my eggs every morning. Cheese on my potatoes. Cheese in my main courses and side dishes and ALWAYS on my salads. Life wouldn't be worth living without cheese (j/k... mostly). :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Cheese lovers unite! Lol
    I absolutely hands down LOVE my raw milk sharp cheddar that I get at my farmers market.
    I also love pepper jack, havarti and gruyere.
    PS- gruyere combined with green chiles makes a completely out of this world mac n cheese by the way!
  • nikkimoon1382
    nikkimoon1382 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thats me! We are cheese junkies! Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum..... i think i will have some brie now! thanks for reminding me!
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OMG Cheese curds yummm ... grilled cheese yummm ... home made mac and cheese yummm
    just a piece of cheese yummm ... cheese on crackers yummm ... shredded cheese on Tostitos yummm
    I could go on and on
    I Freakin Love CHEESE!!!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    OMG I am sitting in bed reading this with a glass of wine LMAO! Don't forget wine goes great with cheese and is good for you too! Btw my husband and I go to Central Market once a week and choose a couple cheeses and splurge! Sooooooo goooooood!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello! A genuine "cheesehead" from the cheese state Wisconsin here....we have a lot of factories that make it locally so it is all fresh here! My favorite is baked cheese....comes in regular, italian or jalepeno. Of course, cheese curds.....dill and pizza flavored...yum! There is this restaurant that makes mac and cheese pizza I've been dying to try! We melt cheese on everything here....bad for my diet...but I refuse to give it up!! Salami and cheese.....we get our venison sausage with pepperjack chunks in it...frickin fabulous! I LOVE ME SOME SMOKED CHEESE! Crap...now I am hungry!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Girl, you're telling me!!! I just bought the mini Babybel gouda cheeses to try. Today I had it with some whole wheat crackers, super tasty!
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    have you heard of bread cheese? they slice it then "fry" it in a pan.. oh yumm!
    and our local store has the BEST smoked swiss, I am so addicted.
    I can't be reading this kind of stuff so late!!
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    PS- gruyere combined with green chiles makes a completely out of this world mac n cheese by the way!
    [/quote]

gonna have to try that one! yumm!