Ladies... how much are you leg pressing

Options
My trainer says I'm leg pressing a lot more than most females but I'm having a hard time believing it. How much are you leg pressing and how many reps?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Zero. Can't remember the last time I pressed
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've only used a leg press for physical therapy and it used rubber band thingamajigs that my PT said were impossible to gauge exactly for resistance.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i don't know how much i leg press, i just put on plates until 8 or 10 reps is challenging and i do a few sets. I don't think i ever added up the weight. its not a exercise i really care about how many pounds but rather how effective it is.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I used to press my body weight ... but I haven't been in a gym with a leg press in years.

I used to like that particular leg exercise ... hated squats, always have ... but liked leg press.
  • kinesiologic
    kinesiologic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can do 180 comfortably (10 reps) - maximum attempted was 225, though probably could have pressed more when I was at my peak fitness.

(Thank-you, rowing!)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    My max right now is 8 reps adding 500 to the sled.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I use the sled (the one you put plates on) as an assistance after squats. Last week, I put on 300lbs for 3x8. At one point (before I majorly deloaded), I was up to 540 for close to sets of 8 (can't remember if I hit 8). I'll be back up soon...eventually.
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Honestly, It depends on my mood. I can press my weight or higher; depending on who I'm working out with, too.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I only use leg press as an accessory lift, so after squats, deadlifts, other accessories. Don't really care about the weight, just trying to get a quad pump and I'm usually fatigued from my barbell work.
    My gym's leg press has a stationary platform, and you're moving the seat/your body weight and a preset stack of weights. I have no idea how that compares to the kind you add plates and push the platform. I don't do it frequently because I don't feel like I get a large enough range of motion on this machine. I think I did 250 lbs x 5 x 10 the other day, plus some resistance from my body weight I guess.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I haven't leg pressed in so many months. Last time was in September 2016 and according to my little book of gains I was doing 265 lbsx10

Now I just do Olympic lifting and I've never been stronger.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing well at 60kg for 4 sets of 15 reps!
    need to work harder clearly!!

some awesome weights! B)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    <Shrug>

don't know- it's not a number I keep track of really.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    70kg - 20 reps, 3 sets. I weigh 49kg, so I think it's pretty good :)
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i can leg press 210 50 reps 1 set or 180 3 sets of 20
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the leg press in forever. I tend to squat and lunge and whatnot for my leg work outs the last time I did leg press, I think I maxed out at 275
  • CassBurgos83
    CassBurgos83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It also depends on type of leg press your gym has, our Leg press comes standard with 118bs before adding any weight. So with that said I leg press 3-4 sets of 12 @ 388lbs comfortably after I squat, lunge and DL.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How much is 4 plates per side?