How Long Did It Take You To Lose 30lbs?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm looking for motivation. I'm 32 years old, 5'4", female, work a desk job, and have 30lbs to lose (again). How long did it take you to lose 30lbs? Have you had to do it more than once in your life?

Replies

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 in ten months.
    My calorie budget was based on 1 pound per week.
    The weight loss I saw was pretty close to that.
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    buglesalmoncatgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding!
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    Options
    Thanks so much for your responses! I hope to hear even more people's experiences. It's great!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose 30lbs? Have you had to do it more than once in your life?

Just shy of 15 weeks.

Once before about 25 years ago.

• bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A little over a year. I was in the obese range but I'm pretty petite and have PCOS.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months, but I had more weight to lose. I have about 30 lbs more to lose to reach the healthy BMI range and I have no idea how long that will take.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I lost 40 in about 9 months. That was about four years ago and I've maintained that loss more or less save for my annual winter gain of about 10 Lbs...but it comes off every Spring when I start riding a lot again.

If you have only 30 Lbs to lose, it's going to be slower than if you have a lot to lose with the first 30 being your initial goal.
  • twobuttonsandabow
    twobuttonsandabow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not to the 30 lb mark yet since starting Jan 1. Today is 60 days in and I'm down about 21 lbs. the first 7-8 came off fast and then I've had to work for every ounce after that. I have to keep reminding myself that the pace I'm losing at is perfectly reasonable and normal but I've been "stuck" twice in the last month and it gets frustrating. I'm now trying what previous poster said about tic-tacking calories to keep my body guessing
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    Options
    This is all very helpful. Thank you for sharing, everyone! Please keep the feedback coming!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Around 3 months, this is with a loss of 2lbs per week.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    And yes, this is the second time I'm doing it. Still works like a charm!
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    And yes, this is the second time I'm doing it. Still works like a charm!

What did you do that works so well? Do you mean you used MFP settings with a goal of 2lbs per week? (For me, that puts me at 1200 calories per day.)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Be careful about rigidly following the allowable calories budgeted by MFP and expecting to lose that amount. You could say you wanted to lose 5 or 6 lb per week, & you would likely be advised 1200 calories. The internal software will not set your goal below 1200.
  • sluggo1721
    sluggo1721 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 2 months to lose 35lbs but I still have 35 to go.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds in a year in a half - I suck at calorie restriction