I'm Starving!

Options
2»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    First things first: if you have set your weekly weight loss goal too high, and especially right off the bat, you will be hungry no matter what you are eating. If you set a reasonable goal of 1 lb/week, you will increase satisfaction, compliance, and be more likely to stick with it over the long run. Then tweak your diet as you learn what helps keep you full & what doesn't.
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Casey, and welcome to this journey to feel better and look better. It is hard and takes time. I thing baby steps. And boy I am doing that..been stuck for awhile. But now trying to incorporate some changes- more water- so tough for me. But made small goal each day and now can do 5 glasses pretty easy...somedays even 6. Now I am trying to add a few more steps in my day with a fitbit. Slow but sure you will get there. Maybe your calorie goal is too low. Try to track what you used to eat to see where you were at and then decrease by 250 to 500 calories. And slowly move down till you can be full and still lose weight slow and steady. You can do this!
  • felixpettersson
    felixpettersson Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Eat a lot of veggies. They barely have any calories, so you can literally eat kilos of them daily and still be on a deficit. Woks, risottos and such are great.
  • Rax1974
    Rax1974 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing, you are here. It gets easier! All calories are not equal meaning there are more dense foods that will keep you full longer. That helps but honestly you will still be hungry at times. You just have to push through and know you are worth it. It gets easier. Have I mentioned, it gets easier?