Before and Current 181lbs in 20 months only 56 to go!

Options

Replies

• TJagus
    TJagus Posts: 2
    Options
    You REALLY look FANTASTIC~!

I had Gastric "Sleeve" done in May of 2010 and have lost 110 pounds. I still use a walker and my Dr. won't let me use ANY machines at the gym because I "could" fall and then break my knee (when I lose enough weight, I will have knee replacement surgery). This summer I've hit the pool and that is nice, but I get discouraged because I keep believing that if I could exercise MORE, I would lose more.~! (Right?)

Also, I'm really not sure what is going on, but I, for some freeking strange reason, I MUST stay on a very low carb diet. (I'm talking 25-30 carbs /day). And after almost 15 months, it's HARD. Really hard to not eat something besides protein, vegetables and a little fruit. I MISS eating like other people do. I see them eat small amounts of potatoe salad, but at least it IS potatoe salad~! When "I" do that, I just stay steady, I stop losing...

But I'm SO PROUD OF YOU~!

If you have any advice, please let me know.. my doctor doesn't understand why a low calorie diet won't work for me and it's kinda depressing....

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK~!!! YOU WILL NEVER, EVER BE THE SAME~! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION~!!!
  • Airliner
    Airliner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Gary,

You probably never thought of your weight loss in these terms ... but think for just a second how your success has inspired many others! I'm sure you arrived here at MFP wanting to lose some weight ... and now you've done so much more!

My heartfelt congratulations!
  • RunningOutOfMyMind
    Options
    Amazing. I am at a loss for words! I just joined and the success stories are completely overwhelming! Absolutely fantastic!
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Wow! Amazing change, you look great!!!
    On the bad side, I want a corn dog now :(
    Congrats, you look aaaamazing!
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and your story and pictures are truly inspirational.

I love your face in the first "before" picture; it looks like you're thinking: "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis!?"

Congratulations!!!!! Those last 56 lbs will fall right off!!!!!!!
  • BellaLacie
    BellaLacie Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! Absolutely fabulous.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Simply fantastically amazing! What an accomplishment. You are truly an inspiration and your honesty regarding GB being simply a tool is refreshing. I am just beginning a journey without GB (although my mother did suggest it at one time) and it is difficult. I can only imagine the challenges posed by a major change to the digestive system combined with it.

Kudos to you. You look healthy and very happy and content.

Thank you for sharing.
  • tasman11
    tasman11 Posts: 79
    Options
    AWESOME BRO!
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    Wow bro....just bloody wow....I read your profile after we added, but numbers are one thing, and pictures are another. That's a HUGE inspiration for me to keep working hard!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    There is a video of a woman with MS on youtube doing the P90 workouts from a wheel chair. This may seem silly but she lost a ton of weight and was able to bring herself into a healthier lifestyle. If you go to youtube.com and search for this video From MS to P90X Success I think that you will find tremendous inspiration and a great motivator that if she can do it from a wheelchair you can most definitely do it. I'm not a coach or beachbody salesperson. I use the video and I believe in it. There are so many modifications that anyone can do it.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Great work Gary! Be proud and keep it up!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Wow! Your success is amazing & brings a smile to my face. I am happy for you.
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    WOW! you are an amazing inspiration and look fantastic!! You should feel very proud of your accomplishment :)
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Make sure you take pics of yourself now. I wish I had more pics of my progress. Take pics in the most revealing clothing you have. Nobody needs to see these but you. As you continue losing and you compare photos you will be able to see what you do not feel. Great motivator to keep on losing especially when you have so much to lose it takes like 75lbs before people even notice. I hated that. I lost 95lbs and someone said yeah I can tell you are starting to lose.......STARTING TO LOSE!!!! EEEGAD!!!!

On a cooler note this october we're having a bonfire and I"m building a small coffin to put my old clothes into and we're having a cremation for the 180lb man I killed. Yes I said killed because he's never EVER coming back again.
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    On a cooler note this october we're having a bonfire and I"m building a small coffin to put my old clothes into and we're having a cremation for the 180lb man I killed. Yes I said killed because he's never EVER coming back again.

That's awesome!
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    wtg, you look amazing!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You have absolutely changed your life!! Wonderful accomplishment!! Good for you! You look great and have to feel 100 times better!
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    congratulations! What an amazing journey you've had. You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!