What did you give up for lent?

Options
13»

Replies

• mgutierrez3h0
    mgutierrez3h0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I gave up red meat, which is my favorite. I realize now that might help me lose weight. What did you (Catholics) give up? Anything fitness or food related?

So only Catholics can play this game?

I said Catholics to invite mainly Catholics to respond and avoid being lectured on right and wrong religions, which tends to happen quite often. Lol it's more of Catholic thing anyway but others can play
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Moisturizers
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on sticking to low carb (150 or less). Also I was always bad about abstaining from meat on Sunday, Ash Wednesday and good Friday so I will be following this as well.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    i gave up cakes, pies and cookies.

i added one thing for lent... calf liver, fried in a cast iron pan, every friday of lent.
  • LisaTRM
    LisaTRM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I give up clutter. I'm going to be donating a lot of things I haven't used as often as I should.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    LisaTRM wrote: »
    I give up clutter. I'm going to be donating a lot of things I haven't used as often as I should.

My wife is doing this too, along with some other penances. I'm hiding things I want to keep! :wink:
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    I gave up healthy eating :pensive:

Seriously though. Artificial soda's the big companies. Beings all natural soda is basically flavored water, think beer may be in it as well.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Marco!!!!!

Bananas!
  • annekenney3
    annekenney3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Escalators. I'll be taking the stairs!
  • adkhiker63
    adkhiker63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I gave up Dr. Pepper. I'm a slave to that soda. I've lost a couple of pounds just from not drinking it.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I gave up wine :s
    And am adding not missing Sunday mass during Lent and working on memorizing prayers with our kids every night before dinner.
    I think a lot of people use the Lenten season as a diet, and that's okay -- whatever makes you happy!, but we usually try to focus more on the spiritual aspect of it.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have given up shopping and sugar. Retail shopping that is, will still be buying groceries and dog food and other essentials! Each morning I give myself a little pep talk: "No sugar today. Just for today. If you're desperate for it, it will still be there tomorrow." One day at a time, just like other addictions, I suppose!
  • miladiaz
    miladiaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gave up cursing and being petty. But I feel like that's my whole personality, so...
  • dwiltz51
    dwiltz51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My spouse......pahahahaha
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Marco!!!!!

Polo....
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @FeraFilia wrote: »
    My husband. He's a pastor and I won't see him much until after Easter. I'll know he's still alive because food and beer will disappear from the fridge.

LOL, those Baptist pastors are always doing that.

Actually most baptists don't drink and do not advocate drinking.
  • demoman805
    demoman805 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Nothing, not religious