Who else loves diet coke?

Options

Replies

• butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I drink an irresponsible amount of Diet Coke.

It's super addicting. There's a lot of brain chemistry manipulation going on, and it's deeply psychological as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi for the win! Been drinking diet soda for the last 25+ years!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    But sweeteners cause cancer and make you gain weight.................
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi are my weaknesses
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    butcher206 wrote: »

It's super addicting. There's a lot of brain chemistry manipulation going on, and it's deeply psychological as well.
    No. No. And No.

You have people in this thread talking about how they drink up to 6 liters a day, or have been drinking it for 25+ years, and you're going to say it's not addicting at all?
  • dalem12
    dalem12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

pshaw...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

No. No. And No.

You have people in this thread talking about how they drink up to 6 liters a day, or have been drinking it for 25+ years, and you're going to say it's not addicting at all?

That's correct. Diet soda isn't addictive. If it is caffeinated, there are addictive properties to caffeine, but that is not in every diet soda and not exclusive to diet soda....

For what it's worth, I have consumed diet soda for ~25 years and given it up twice for pregnancy and a few times for Lent. Never experienced withdrawals or physical side effects.

Also, it was posted at the top of the thread, but you may want to give this a read:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to diet coke. When I stopped drinking it, my urge to snack stopped also. Coincidence? I don't think so. I stopped one other time and had similar results. Stopping also cut the number of my bathroom visits in half.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Diet coke tastes like watered down swamp water, Diet Pepsi FTW!
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero or Cherry Coke Zero.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Diet coke tastes like watered down swamp water, Diet Pepsi FTW!
    YEP!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    when they send coca cola light instead of diet coke with your takeaway order :angry: that stuff is vile bleurgh
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

No. No. And No.

That's correct. Diet soda isn't addictive. If it is caffeinated, there are addictive properties to caffeine, but that is not in every diet soda and not exclusive to diet soda....

For what it's worth, I have consumed diet soda for ~25 years and given it up twice for pregnancy and a few times for Lent. Never experienced withdrawals or physical side effects.

Also, it was posted at the top of the thread, but you may want to give this a read:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary

This. I'm currently cutting back from drinking 4+ cans a day, to today so far not having any (usually by this time in the morning I'm on my second can). Absolutely no withdrawal symptoms......because I just started drinking coffee yesterday and I had a cup of that instead this morning. That has waaay more caffeine than the soda and I'm feeling pretty awesome right now :D Not missing the soda at all right now.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Meh. But, it is a decent way to dilute vodka or rum if I don't have the calories for 'cranberry' juice or wine when I'm out dancing.
  • emmarrgh
    emmarrgh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I worked in fast food, the carbonated water part of the soda machine wasn't working, and I accidentally chugged straight coke syrup, so that put me off coke for a LONG time! When I 'found' diet coke, I realised it is much lighter and fresher IMO, and normal coke still tastes 'too syrupy' for my traumatised brain lol.

I couldn't find Diet Dr. Pepper in England, so I didn't know about it's amazingness until I came to the states, and now it's by far my favourite!
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sorry to my tooth enamel, but it is one of the great satisfying drinks - for fullness, sweetness cravings, and that refreshing carbonated feel!

(Anybody bloviating about aspartame conspiracy theories will be in for a firm stare)

Even if aspartame was bad for you, there's no way it would hurt your body more than excess sugar. Fact is, aspartame saves millions of lives by reduction in obesity. When I switched from sugar to various other artificial sweeteners (mostly aspartame at the time) I lost 30lbs without doing anything else differently.

However, soda is really unhealthy and I also stopped drinking it 5 years ago so I would encourage you to find healthier drink alternatives if you can find satisfaction in them.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Don't like the diet, prefer the regular coke. You guessed it, I only like the bad stuff lol
  • lavoiekr
    lavoiekr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke or Coke Zero.....Love both of them.