What a nitwit!

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    How much yogurt were you leaving on your spoon?
    I don't worry about the tiny amount of yogurt on my spoon. I do put the yogurt into the bowl on the scale.

I suppose my moment was with salad dressing. So much easier to put the salad on the scale and add the salad dressing than measure it separately.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be forgetting to weigh my pan/dish before putting the meal into it, and just not taking advantage of the whole weigh-the-dish/meal-at-the-end-and-then-weigh-your-portion thing. For instance, my family loves 7-layer dip with chips for dinner. I meticulously weighed all ingredients as I added them, but separately, not in the dish. Then later realized that instead of guesstimating the amount I would take out to eat, say 1/6th of it, I could have weighed the whole thing and accurately weighed what I removed. Oh well, maybe next time!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be forgetting to weigh my pan/dish before putting the meal into it, and just not taking advantage of the whole weigh-the-dish/meal-at-the-end-and-then-weigh-your-portion thing. For instance, my family loves 7-layer dip with chips for dinner. I meticulously weighed all ingredients as I added them, but separately, not in the dish. Then later realized that instead of guesstimating the amount I would take out to eat, say 1/6th of it, I could have weighed the whole thing and accurately weighed what I removed. Oh well, maybe next time!!

This was me! What I did one one cozy Sunday was weigh all the typical pans/containers/pots and write the weight down on a piece of paper. One less derp moment for me!

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    This morning I was weighing peanut butter. Scale says 50 grams. Didn't look like that much to me but it was early and I hadn't had enough coffee. Went to weigh something else and realized the scale was on ounces instead of grams. Duh.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    This morning I was weighing peanut butter. Scale says 50 grams. Didn't look like that much to me but it was early and I hadn't had enough coffee. Went to weigh something else and realized the scale was on ounces instead of grams. Duh.

See. No coffee yet so it doesn't count as a D'uh!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I don't attempt to do anything in the morning before my coffee.

Except making my coffee. ;)

Which's why I make, iced coffee since otherwise I; might get burned!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

I make mine after I've had it. I mean I set up the maker the night before so I just flip the switch in the morning. Otherwise I'd have to switch to tea.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. :) I never thought about weighing the damned spoon with the bowl when doing my morning yogurt!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

Well, I'd already had one cup. I need at least 2 to be marginally human. Which tells you I drink way too much coffee!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

This. Even then, things go awry for me, such as forgetting to put coffee in the keurig coffee pod and making a delicious cup of hot water....
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    emhorn625 wrote: »
    Fellow nit wit here! When I first got my keurig I wanted to see if I could use it to make a cup of tea. So I stuck a tea bag in the spot where k-cups normally go. . .
    Instead of, you know, just putting it in the cup and adding the hot water.

<slinks away in embarrassment >

They also make tea in Keurig pods, but yeah. Put the tea bag in the cup.

These things don't count as mistakes until after you've finished your morning coffee.

You both just made me laugh! Thanks! I'm learning so much from all of you. Like I need a new scale.
    And tare? I never heard of that. I have some catching up to do.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    emhorn625 wrote: »
    Fellow nit wit here! When I first got my keurig I wanted to see if I could use it to make a cup of tea. So I stuck a tea bag in the spot where k-cups normally go. . .
    Instead of, you know, just putting it in the cup and adding the hot water.

<slinks away in embarrassment >

They also make tea in Keurig pods, but yeah. Put the tea bag in the cup.

These things don't count as mistakes until after you've finished your morning coffee.

You both just made me laugh! Thanks! I'm learning so much from all of you. Like I need a new scale.
    And tare? I never heard of that. I have some catching up to do.

Oh that's just a fancy word for zeroing out.
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    How much yogurt were you leaving on your spoon?
    I don't worry about the tiny amount of yogurt on my spoon. I do put the yogurt into the bowl on the scale.

I suppose my moment was with salad dressing. So much easier to put the salad on the scale and add the salad dressing than measure it separately.

Well greek yogurt is pretty thick and I don't like to whack my spoon on the side of my bowl early in the morning and wake everyone up. So maybe 10 grams of yogurt stuck to my spoon?

Brilliant idea about the salad dressing!

• CynthiasChoice
    Options

This. Even then, things go awry for me, such as forgetting to put coffee in the keurig coffee pod and making a delicious cup of hot water....

In the last few months, I've forgotten to put in the water once, and forgotten to put in the coffee once. Maybe it's time to start prepping the night before.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Can I treat negative grams like negative calories? If I weigh my food, Tare the scales then eat it, the calories don't count?

Seems legit.