Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• TH2017
    TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fellow shortie at 5'2 rying to loose a good amount of weight. I used to carry my weight well but age and life have gotten in the way. Trying loose at least 20 lbs.
  • muffinmiruku1
    muffinmiruku1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'4 looking to lose 20-25 lbs!
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hope there are fellow shorties still around here....What's your plan of attack this weekend? I'm a bit of a weekend warrior since I can't muster the energy for a workout the last few days of my work week. Sun is off to the local park for C25K session, then Mon I'm going to repeat the short hike I did last Mon. It was a butt kicking I needed and is conveniently walking distance from my BF's house. Not sure how it's gona go food wise. I might go out Sat night to a local pub to see his friend's band play. Peeked at the menu already like the food perv I am and the food and mixed drinks sound pretty damn tempting. This could get tricky, keeping fingers crossed. :p
  • Wild_Daisies
    Wild_Daisies Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3" while my 5 siblings are between 5'10 and 6'4. Not fun
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Finally feel like my strength is coming back after the flu. Took the dogs out walking both days. Took a new set of trails in a park north of town. Its dry and windy here in Kansas. Lots of prairie fires and evacuations. WE NEED RAIN! Hoping to get into the gym and start doing some running again this week. No weight loss this week, I've been way to sedentary. But I'm still HERE and that's half the battle. Have a great week!
  • 22bella2015
    22bella2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivational friends also.....I'm 5'2"and looking at 30 pounds and harder as you get older.
  • meganrafrancis
    meganrafrancis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2 and I need to lose 10 lbs. Usually I am at 100 however I have been unemployed since Oct. so that started the bored-eating, depression and lack of motivation. I started working again so I am trying to get back into shape. It's proving much harder than I remember. Last year at 38 I was toned and buff with the help of FitnessBlender. I just turned 39 and I'm hoping I can get back to where I was.
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Christan. I'm 5'1 and that's stretching it. I have been overweight my whole life. My highest being 476lbs. In June of 2015 I had the gastric sleeve done. I am currently sitting at a current weight of 283lbs. My doctor now wants to convert me to the full bypass and says his goal for me is 105lbs with another surgery. However, when I had the sleeve done I set a goal for me between 150-180lbs. That is where I would be happy. I eat an extremely low sugar, low fat, high protein diet. I have maintained my diet from my surgeon and really fill that I can get to my goal without another surgery. My doctor doesn't seem to think it's possible but I am determined to prove him wrong. I do have a lot of health conditions, many which have stopped me from living a full life in the past. However, I don't let them stop me now. I try to be active as possible and eat healthy. I enjoy sharing my story with others and I am always looking for motivation and support along my journey.

I welcome anyone who would like to become friends to send a request!

Kudos to you all on your journey and good luck! Remember you are not a number! l4anbilpurwd.jpg

Wow! Great transformation and great story! I believe you can do it on your own. You're already in the right direction! Great job!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    bossymom15 wrote: »
    Finally feel like my strength is coming back after the flu. Took the dogs out walking both days. Took a new set of trails in a park north of town. Its dry and windy here in Kansas. Lots of prairie fires and evacuations. WE NEED RAIN! Hoping to get into the gym and start doing some running again this week. No weight loss this week, I've been way to sedentary. But I'm still HERE and that's half the battle. Have a great week!

I'm glad you're feeling better! Enjoy your week!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I am 5' 3" while my 5 siblings are between 5'10 and 6'4. Not fun

Omg! Story of my life!!! All of my brothers are over 6 foot and so is my dad. My mom is 5"9 so I have no idea why I'm so short! Lol
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    jroth261 wrote: »
    Hope there are fellow shorties still around here....What's your plan of attack this weekend? I'm a bit of a weekend warrior since I can't muster the energy for a workout the last few days of my work week. Sun is off to the local park for C25K session, then Mon I'm going to repeat the short hike I did last Mon. It was a butt kicking I needed and is conveniently walking distance from my BF's house. Not sure how it's gona go food wise. I might go out Sat night to a local pub to see his friend's band play. Peeked at the menu already like the food perv I am and the food and mixed drinks sound pretty damn tempting. This could get tricky, keeping fingers crossed. :p

How did your weekend go? I overindulge in a little too much wine this weekend. Lol but I'm back on track today.
  • fitflashy
    fitflashy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am a short stack also. 5'3 1/2 and 248 lbs. I started at 263.4 and have 74 lbs remaining to lose. I eat a low carb diet since I have found that is the only diet that really gets me results quickly. I work out 4-5 times per week. I love zuma, kick boxing, chair dancing, pole fit, hip hop ballet and about to start P90X, I also keeping yoyoing despite all my efforts but I will not let that stop me. I want to look better than I did in highschool and it will happen I am not giving up. Please add me as a friend so we can motivate each other.
  • shydee37
    shydee37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is to lose 50lbs, it's been a struggle. I need motivation add me into the group.
  • jroth261
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Christan. I'm 5'1 and that's stretching it. I have been overweight my whole life. My highest being 476lbs. In June of 2015 I had the gastric sleeve done. I am currently sitting at a current weight of 283lbs. My doctor now wants to convert me to the full bypass and says his goal for me is 105lbs with another surgery. However, when I had the sleeve done I set a goal for me between 150-180lbs. That is where I would be happy. I eat an extremely low sugar, low fat, high protein diet. I have maintained my diet from my surgeon and really fill that I can get to my goal without another surgery. My doctor doesn't seem to think it's possible but I am determined to prove him wrong. I do have a lot of health conditions, many which have stopped me from living a full life in the past. However, I don't let them stop me now. I try to be active as possible and eat healthy. I enjoy sharing my story with others and I am always looking for motivation and support along my journey.

I welcome anyone who would like to become friends to send a request!

Kudos to you all on your journey and good luck! Remember you are not a number!

Congratulations on how far you've come up to this point! I admire that you want to hold off the 2nd surgery to make sure that you can't progress without pure commitment and lifestyle changes. If you incorporate weights eventually, you can look as good as a nonexerciser at 105 (prob better) without having to go that low yourself. It takes such patience for all us shorties to lose, whether it's 10 lbs or 100lbs. Probably because to succeed in the long run we have to truly change old habits, coping mechanisms, and ways of thinking, and that often is the most difficult aspect - not the workout or counting calories.
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot 3ish. anyone can feel free to add me. i am not sure if my food diary is open or not, but i love the motivation. i am looking to loose weight, and tone up.
  • jroth261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    jroth261 wrote: »

How did your weekend go? I overindulge in a little too much wine this weekend. Lol but I'm back on track today.

Well, not stupendous but not horrific :p . I had a couple mixed drinks at a bar Sat night bcuz my BF wanted to see his friend's cover band play. Oddly I wasn't terribly hungry though would've ordered wings anyway. Fate interfered because the kitchen closed at the early hr of 9, even though they played till midnight?! So no junkie bar food for me. Sun got workout in but ate around maintenance. Mon ate around maintenance, no workout. Running a bunch of errands my days off, so I just wanted to end it sitting on my butt watching a movie. I was also trying not to overstress myself bcuz this work wk is kind of hectic and I'm a good kind of nervous about meeting with a really good potential client for my business. That is tom morning, so once I have my head clear of that I'll def be back on track to focus on everything else. Today I'm eating within my goal though, so already am back on track! Glad you are too! We all need to let go intermittently or we'll implode.
  • jroth261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    bossymom15 wrote: »

It's nice to have dogs to help motivate you to get out. Wish I had one. My neighbor said other day I could take her really overweight husky anytime I wanted as my bodyguard lol so he could get some exercise . I think either he would pull me around too much or I'd give the poor hefty fellow a heart attack at a jogging pace. We've had forest fire warnings the other day in PA too. I didn't even think it was that dry around here right now! Just rained today though. I would've went out if I had time to a local trail to do some jogging because it was actually relatively warm although gloomy. Crossing my fingers you get to running soon!
  • jroth261
    Options
    fitflashy wrote: »
    Hello everyone I am a short stack also. 5'3 1/2 and 248 lbs. I started at 263.4 and have 74 lbs remaining to lose. I eat a low carb diet since I have found that is the only diet that really gets me results quickly. I work out 4-5 times per week. I love zuma, kick boxing, chair dancing, pole fit, hip hop ballet and about to start P90X, I also keeping yoyoing despite all my efforts but I will not let that stop me. I want to look better than I did in highschool and it will happen I am not giving up. Please add me as a friend so we can motivate each other.

Nicely done so far! Sounds like you have the right idea of not making cal burn a chore! I want to start p90X soon too. I did it for a bit once before, but fell off the wagon with everything. I don't care for going to a gym and wasn't getting a challenging enough strength training workout by my own design at home, so I took a chance on a DVD set off eBay and they are so worth it! You can use space friendly weight resistance bands besides dumbbells and get a killer workout! I admit I don't follow the sequence of workouts every week. The Cardio isn't that challenging once you get to a baseline level of fitness so I skip that. And since I often don't have time to get every strength training workout within a week bcuz either I don't have time or usually I don't recover quick enough (maybe due to cutting cals simultaneously although I'd drink protein shake right after) I tend to skip the yoga and flexibility ones. Wasn't sure at first if I liked Tony's corny sense of humor but it grew on me :p . I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
  • jroth261
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2 and I need to lose 10 lbs. Usually I am at 100 however I have been unemployed since Oct. so that started the bored-eating, depression and lack of motivation. I started working again so I am trying to get back into shape. It's proving much harder than I remember. Last year at 38 I was toned and buff with the help of FitnessBlender. I just turned 39 and I'm hoping I can get back to where I was.

I admit one thing I love about busy work days or days full of errands is I'm less focused on food! 38 was hardly that long ago in the grand scheme of things. You will definitely get back to where you were with the right mindset!