Gym Lookers

Options

Replies

• PropheticHeroism
    PropheticHeroism Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    People stare at me, not sure why. Sometimes it makes me feel self conscious like im doing my workouts wrong. I'm fit, but im not rippes like other people. So why would they stare otherwise? Not sure.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do people look at you at the gym when you work out? How do you respond? Are you one of these people who just stares at people at the gym? Personally don't like it when I notice people looking at me. So many things to do, so many things to look at, don't stare at me.

This is one reason I don't do gyms. I have a treadmill at home. I was always too intimidated by people in the gym and it seems like the area where the treadmills and climbers and bikes always are just overlook the areas where the weight machines are so I would feel like all eyes were on me when I'm sure they weren't, lol. :D I always hated that. I prefer to work out alone.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Nope. If they are I don't even notice because I'm concentrating too much on not falling off the treadmill.

:D:D
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    Lol this feels like one of those YouTube story time videos. "The day I nearly got assaulted at the gym!". In reality: A dude looked my way, turns out he was waiting to use the machine I was using.

You never know until it hits you. I was on elliptical and then noticed something in the background. I turned my head and almost fell off the machine. A dude was standing 3-4 feet behind me, staring directly at my butt. The identical machine next to me was empty
  • MaryM1024
    MaryM1024 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym, I don't mind people staring... I could careless... just block them out.... You have a pretty face, take it as a compliment!
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't bother me if someone looked. The next time this happens to me would actually be the first time!
  • JasonlRoeder
    JasonlRoeder Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm totally oblivious if someone is checking me out. I'm usually focused on my treadmill session or lifting.
  • mickritchie
    mickritchie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just don't see how one can train with a ring getting in a way unless ofcourse it's a cardio session.

This is true if you are lifting a decent amount of weight. I had to take mine off after a couple weeks of starting to lift weight for serious.
  • Altess
    Altess Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yawn, if they yawn they were staring.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I glance around the room between sets. Whomever is in the area gets a look. Not on purpose or with intent it's just what my eyes do. Sometimes a woman will glance at the same time I'm glancing, it happens. I did catch myself staring once, I was measmerized by her shoulder definition while she was doing a lift. It was unintential and I didn't even realize I was doing it, but if she saw me in the mirror probably would have thought I was creeping.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Stare back. It's the only way. Like a creepy stare.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yesterday there was this super hot girl at the gym... Like super hot... So fit, thick bum, thick thighs... and these huge fake boobs and damn did she look good (I might have been drooling and I'm straight)

She was wearing a super tight tank top and no sports bra. The tank top did little to hide her boobs and after a few muscle ups she was slipping us the nipple...
    I couldn't help but stare.. damn that girl should be famous she was that hot.. and now i wan't big tits like hers..

But this is the first time I've stared at a girl.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    Yesterday there was this super hot girl at the gym... Like super hot... So fit, thick bum, thick thighs... and these huge fake boobs and damn did she look good (I might have been drooling and I'm straight)

She was wearing a super tight tank top and no sports bra. The tank top did little to hide her boobs and after a few muscle ups she was slipping us the nipple...
    I couldn't help but stare.. damn that girl should be famous she was that hot.. and now i wan't big tits like hers..

Damn - have you thought about a writing career? :D
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »

Damn - have you thought about a writing career? :D

Haha well you'll never know ;)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    There's a girl... I would characterize her as fit... cute... the way she moves through space... pure grace... watching her on the stairmaster...as she cranks it to like 12...and ends up running up the steps... and the way she runs on a treadmill... I can't help but watch the way her gait...her legs move in such a way I can only describe as fluid just the right amount of extension and heel kick ( I used to be a middle distance runner in school)... I would have never thought that I could be attracted to just how a person moves... I can't help but stare... meh... I see people looking my way all the time... I always make eye contact and smile at people... sometimes a woman will look back and smile... sometimes that split second flirt occurs for both of us... sometimes I get the "what are you looking at creep? look. I find that sooo freaking hilarious. We're all just strangers to one another... even here... saw a coupel of women a couple weeks ago... one was a regular... and can only be described as smokin' hot, long thick brunette hair...impeccable tan... long neck... she knows her *kitten* in the gym... anyway... how do you NOT creep on that? ... anyway... her and a frined were wearing matching Tank tops... that said 'F off I am training... That was sooo hilarious... because like who wears THAT much make up to the gym? to a wedding okay... NO.. I get it.. some women don't leave the house without at least eye liner...

So... the moral of the story... what does it hurt if someone looks? they aren't stealing your soul... it would be like caring what strangers think about you...and the truth of the matter is they/we actually don't. and even if they did... that doesn't change the world you see.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    a80dc1219516e1fe64723a0eb6f5eacb0e767549529a7d163d7e0c94d260f9d5.jpg
  • demoman805
    demoman805 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am a people watcher at the gym. I don't get caught staring much. Just a glance is all I need.
  • Kerriecandothis
    Kerriecandothis Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't mind if they glance, but not staring, maybe they are interested in learning. I had one guy approach me to ask where I learnt some of the exercises I was doing because he had never done them before. There is a staff member who actually brings a seat over and sits watching what I'm doing and I told him last week he gives me the creeps so unless I'm doing things wrong and need advice, can he stop lol. So yesterday he walked past with his eyes covered trying to be hilarious
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I stare at the pizza eaters
    I'm guilty of that.