What do you do when you feel unattractive?

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I walk around with a cut-out of Ryan Gosling's face and tape it onto mine.

Not gonna lie that's kinda creepy

but cheaper than ryan gosling's real face

But isn't it always best to have the real thing
  • Rax1974
    Rax1974 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I get in here and try to hit up some peeps for a chat
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Very, very fortunate to have been raised with a dad who daily boosted the self-esteem of my sisters and I. The most loving, caring, thoughtful and selfless man on the planet. Because of this, I don't ever feel unattractive. I don't think I'm super hot or anything, but I never feel badly about my appearance.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Very, very fortunate to have been raised with a dad who daily boosted the self-esteem of my sisters and I. The most loving, caring, thoughtful and selfless man on the planet. Because of this, I don't ever feel unattractive. I don't think I'm super hot or anything, but I never feel badly about my appearance.

That's awesome! I'm trying to do the same for my girls.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Take a shower...that usually helps!
  • JasonlRoeder
    JasonlRoeder Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I never considered myself much of a head turner. :/
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm trying to do the same for my girls.

They will thank you forever!

• JukeboxHeroine
    Options
    I've been feeling this way for the last couple days..
    I've been mulling over things in my mind but ultimately for me, i decided that i can't change my genetics and even though i put in 2 years of hard work to lose weight, a smaller waist does not make ugly less ugly and im working on trying to accept that about myself, if i can do that maybe it won't bother me as much, i think my expectations of myself losing weight were just way too high.

It's funny but as a teenager I thought skinny meant beautiful. As an adult I don't think that at all.
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @ Kasner1975: Beards are like anything else...some women love them, some do not. You look good in a beard. Not many men can pull off no hair and a full beard, but it suits you. I am a sucker for a beard...

Probably that would be so much less creepy if my profile pic weren't a sky view through tree branches! :p But I just verified something that I think I knew but maybe didn't really believe. That men are just as insecure about their looks as women are. But what we keep forgetting is that most people are so busy feeling bad about themselves that they never even notice other people's flaws. That, in and of itself makes me feel so much better...
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Nothing is working for me today... but I did just finish my almost-run and feel pretty good because I never thought I'd be able to do it.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    Nothing is working for me today... but I did just finish my almost-run and feel pretty good because I never thought I'd be able to do it.

That's great! BTW you have great hair, I'm jealous!
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so beautiful! It makes me so sad that we all feel so badly about ourselves :( ask yourself if you've been kind to everyone you've encountered today. If the answer is yes then you are absolutely beautiful in my book. Keep your head up guys you're all a 10 in my eyes <3
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Physical beauty is nice but I have met some pretty people who are incredibly ugly human beings...there are so many qualities beyond the physical that make people attractive to me.

I remember one of my profs in college, by no means physically attractive by typical standards, but he was so incredibly intelligent & funny that I was completely enamored with him...I thought he was hot!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »

That's great! BTW you have great hair, I'm jealous!

LOL. Thank you. Hair dye is a wonderful thing. ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I just kill something beautiful with my bare hands.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I just kill something beautiful with my bare hands.

Well that's one way to solve a problem