Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Anything they thought they need to make more than two sequils. Rocky, Holloween, Friday the 13th ect.

Isn't there yet another Friday 13th coming out soon?
    Yes, I believe it is a remake of the original :laugh: guy and I are horror buffs, huge fans but seriously, you'd think the Halloween flop of aremake would have taught them something!
  • twiceasmnystars
    twiceasmnystars Posts: 3 Member
    Napoleon Dynamite,
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I'll add Titanic too.

Was only good the last 20 minutes.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Die Hard! I think only men that love those movies. My husband can watch them over and over and over again.

And anything with Chuck Norris. That guy bugs me, LOL.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Napolean Dynamite WAS HORRIBLE
  • Shannon023
    Totally agree with LOTR and Cassablanca. :yawn:

I also thought Napoleon Dynamite was reallllllly stupid! :indifferent:

DTM. :angry:

Just like the line from your favorite movie, "you just don't know how to quit me." :blushing: :smooched:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    I'll add Titanic too.

I agree. That movie is way to long. I also didn't like the new Sisterhood movie. Nothing happened, and the ending sucked.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    agree with you on every one of those! :laugh: I also have to add the Rocky series to the list (at the risk of being disowned by my fiance) those movies are pretty awful.

I TOTALLY agree with Rocky!!! Good call!

The Rocky flicks were entertaining and were never built up to be the "greastest of all time" like the ones I listed. Therefore, they aren't "overrated".

So let it be written, so let it be done.
    Oh Max, you are wrong on 2 accounts here. 1) The Rocky films are NOT entertaining. and 2) In my house, they are absolutely built up to be the greatest movies of all time.
  • bonniejo

Napoleon Dynamite was only funny it you were in highschool at the time it came out. I've talked to people older and younger than that, and no one else liked it but highschool kids.
  • Shannon023
    I'll add Titanic too.

I agree. That movie is way to long. I also didn't like the new Sisterhood movie. Nothing happened, and the ending sucked.

I was excited to see Pearl Harbor before it was released, but then heard it was Titanic-esque and mostly just a drippy love story :grumble: so I never saw it. :grumble:
  • At the time, Star Wars and Ghostbusters were revolutionary. Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd and even Rick Moranis were comedy GOLD in the 80's. I watched a ton as a kid so I love them, but not sure if they'd hold up today.

As far as overrated goes, here's my list:

Top Gun
    Grease
    THE NOTEBOOK

and most recently:

Gran Torinio. (what a laughable movie. SO overacted, overhyped, and over the top.)
  • bonniejo
    I'll add Titanic too.

But was the Sisterhood touted as being great?

We're not looking for movies that sucked and the rest of the world agrees. We're discussing "overrated" movies. There's a difference.

In college, it's overrated. Everyone says that movie is so great. What is overrated totally depends on where you live and everything. Here no one has seen Casablanca, and wouldn't call it overrated!
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    :flowerforyou: u guys r very funny hahahhahahahaha:blushing:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Napoleon Dynamite,

You, too! DTM :angry:

I didn't speak to my OH for 7 hours for making me watch Napoleon Dynamite!!!! :mad: It tops my never to see again films. Gangs of New York is another....didn't get it at all. All jibberish to me that is watching it with subtext on! Still didn't get plot. While am moaning, Titanic!!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member

Napoleon Dynamite was only funny it you were in highschool at the time it came out. I've talked to people older and younger than that, and no one else liked it but highschool kids.

I'm old and I love it.

For once, you got something right!!!!!!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member

I'm old and I love it.

For once, you got something right!!!!!!

Uh, may I see your invitation to the thread? :angry:

I don't need an invite, its not private! So shut it! :laugh:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    I love the Dark Knight movie! :mad:

I kind of think the Saw movies are...I mean...there are 5 of them and pretty much you know what is going to happen throughout the entire movie, granted you may not know who jiggsaw is, ...and I'm thinking they are working on the 6th! lol
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    agree with you on every one of those! :laugh: I also have to add the Rocky series to the list (at the risk of being disowned by my fiance) those movies are pretty awful.

The Rocky flicks were entertaining and were never built up to be the "greastest of all time" like the ones I listed. Therefore, they aren't "overrated".

The first Rocky was excellent.
  • BEFORE

Didn't Rocky win an Oscar, I know it was nominated. Would that qualify it then for being overrated eventhough it isnt.

Heres one "Sleepless in Seatle" it made my eyes bleed.
  • BEFORE

The first Rocky was excellent.

B4, did you see the last one? It was pretty good, too.
    Actually I have not but I will look for it when it comes out on DVD.
    BTW I loved Gladiator, just being a smarta$$.
This discussion has been closed.