I'm on Paleo. Feel free to add me.
  • zzsutphin91
    zzsutphin91 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    THANKS!
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free and I eat keto (low-carb, moderate protein, high fat) check out the website ruled.me theres tons of recipes and advice!
  • A_MariposaDream
    A_MariposaDream Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    I am doing paleo and want to learn more add me
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 has some good recipes, they're strict paleo so some of them you may want to alter for your own taste. Otherwise do a google search for "paleo recipes" and there's a good deal of websites with so many ideas!
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Dinner from last night. Grass fed Filet Mignon vz2vnf1id3gz.jpg
  • nomorepuke
    Options
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    @ nomorepuke how did you prepare the fillet mignon? And the seafood dish? They both look delicious
  • nomorepuke
    Options
    I buy my steaks from a family friend who owns a farm. All grass fed.
    The crab legs and muscles are easy, just threw em in to the boiling water.
  • JetWan
    JetWan Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    34380638.png
  • afunke3460
    afunke3460 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I follow a couple of blogs like Paleo newbie and Paleo gypsy. We love the smoked fatty and bacon pesto chicken. I also love the against all grain cook books
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    There are dozens of "Paleo" websites out there, with more recipes than 10 people could cook in 10 years. Sadly, many of them seem to be focused on recreating all sorts of baked goods using almond and coconut flour, etc....what Whole30 calls "sex with your pants on" or SWYPO.

True Paleo focuses on primarily unprocessed foods, like grassfed or pastured meats, including organ meats and wild game, whole vegetables and fruits, preferrably in season, and nuts and seeds. Essentially, if you were naked in the woods with a sharp stick (and a match!), what would you eat?

I have been in a nose dive for the last month and struggling to get back on protocol, so I don't think I'm in a great position to be giving out advice, but feel free to add me if you want to...

Good luck everyone!
  • amkegs
    amkegs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    http://nomnompaleo.com/post/91332244628/spicy-tuna-cakes

These are great for on-the-go and freeze really well.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    paleo would be consuming foods within a 20 mile radius of your home which would consist of nuts, berries, plants, insects, grubs, etc.
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and check THIS out! Add some sage and a small amount of steak seasoning to the ground pork and you have yourself the best breakfast ever!
    http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/07/30/paleo-scotch-eggs/
  • ndj1979
    Options
    mranlett wrote: »
    Do yourself a favor and check THIS out! Add some sage and a small amount of steak seasoning to the ground pork and you have yourself the best breakfast ever!

wow, I did not know that paleolithic people had the ability to boil eggs and poach them...
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    There are dozens of "Paleo" websites out there, with more recipes than 10 people could cook in 10 years. Sadly, many of them seem to be focused on recreating all sorts of baked goods using almond and coconut flour, etc....what Whole30 calls "sex with your pants on" or SWYPO.

True Paleo focuses on primarily unprocessed foods, like grassfed or pastured meats, including organ meats and wild game, whole vegetables and fruits, preferrably in season, and nuts and seeds. Essentially, if you were naked in the woods with a sharp stick (and a match!), what would you eat?

I have been in a nose dive for the last month and struggling to get back on protocol, so I don't think I'm in a great position to be giving out advice, but feel free to add me if you want to...

Good luck everyone!

That's actually a good question, since there are many people out there that want us to believe we would spend all day picking small seeds of wild grains to make porridge...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    mranlett wrote: »

wow, I did not know that paleolithic people had the ability to boil eggs and poach them...

You know if you want to make comments like this, better think before you type :)
    There are hot water springs all over the world and people have been boiling meat and eggs in them for a loooong damn time now. Now, not sure about making poached egg but hey.... maybe sometimes one of those eggs cracked and then accidentally pooooof, poached egg hahaha :)

Doubtful
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    OK I have to jump back in here. Nobody is suggesting that we should LIVE like paleolithic hunter/gatherers - I like indoor plumbing, heat, and electricity - the point is to eat whole unadulterated foods that have been grown in the most natural way possible. How you prepare them is up to you. If you want to eat everything raw, or build a fire in your backyard and cook over it, go for it. I like technology. I have great kitchen equipment and I like to use it.