He's just not that in to you... (he or she)

Options
LL5lifts
LL5lifts Posts: 15,282 Member
edited March 2017 in Chit-Chat
Isn't this a movie or book or something? Why do I always think of MFP when I hear that phrase? Why do I always hear people talking about how this isn't a dating site? Technically this is true, but isn't any type of social media a place to make connections? Why would a weight loss site that is based on social interactions be any different? Should it be different? Some people don't seem to mind and yet I read others posting about it with a lot of anger or disgust. If mfp was not a place to be social, do you think it would still work for you with weight loss? Or is it a case of social being fine, but some people take social to a whole new level? Has that happened to you? Has it been detrimental to your weight loss efforts or helped? Tell me your story, I'm curious.

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    @FeraFilia - I agree....keeps me interested, and also the fun compliments give me motivation to keep going...not to mention a nice dose of self esteem!
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Wait. I can get dates here???

Only between 9-5 before he goes home to his wife

*sighs*works from home*
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »

*sighs*works from home*

Does your wife work from home too?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »

And only every 4th day cuz he gots to take care of his other side chicks on the other 3 days.

ha...I never knew a man good at multitasking. Maybe its to practice that life skill?

I'm sure he's practicing something!
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »

*sighs*works from home*

Does your wife work from home too?

What would I be doing on a dating site if I had a wife? Come on now. ;)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    So my honest answer, I have been here 7 years. I never ventured into the fun/chit chat sections until last year. I was very successful with logging all that time. I lost 104 lbs in total. I stayed focused. I learned tons from the "serious" threads. The past year, I have stayed out of the serious threads for the most part and stay mostly here. I have met some amazing friends. They are caring and hilarious people. They make my day brighter, push me to keep going and inspire me. So in short, I am still focused but even better for having them in my daily life.

wow 104...that's very impressive