Great tasting and filling brfeakfast for 100 cal

Options
jchester71
jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
I Scramble together 1 whole egg, 2 additional egg whites + 2 tablespoons of natural salsa (mix them in a bowl with a little water before putting them in the pan for best results) for a delicious breakfast scramble that fills me up until the afternoon. All for 100 calories.

Replies

• trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion! Morning is not a time I want to do a lot of cooking, but I also want a breakfast that will "stick." I'm going to give this a go!!!
  • 3Heather24
    3Heather24 Posts: 49
    Options
    Quick, easy breakfast sandwich: 1 Thomas' Bagel Thin (100cal's), 1/4 c egg whites, & 1 slice 2% cheese = 180 yummy cal's!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    sounds good.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    I like this one too....
  • atriana
    atriana Posts: 9
    Options
    Sounds good. Can I just check that, by salsa, you mean tomato salsa in a jar kind of thing?
  • atriana
    atriana Posts: 9
    Options
    Sounds good. Can I just check that, by salsa, you mean tomato salsa in a jar kind of thing?
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I Scramble together 1 whole egg, 2 additional egg whites + 2 tablespoons of natural salsa (mix them in a bowl with a little water before putting them in the pan for best results) for a delicious breakfast scramble that fills me up until the afternoon. All for 100 calories.

Bump! Thank you. This sounds super good.
  • reikime
    reikime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep, sounds good. If you add a 1/2 cup of beans or peas to your plate you will stay full even longer. It's the darndest thing.

Half cup of non fat refried beans is about 80 calories depending on the brand. I mix them into the already scrambled eggs and salsa and either eat them like that or put on a corn tortilla. Tastes like a breakfast taco.

In San Antonio, breakfast tacos are king!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good, and I am always looking for a different recipie for breakfast or any meal for that matter. Thanks
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I use sun harvest organic (henry's farmers market/sprouts store brand)
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    will have to try this