What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    TMW2119 wrote: »
    I really just want to do a push up. Just one...the correct way. I can tell I'm getting closer.

What do you do currently? I have always done them with legs crossed at knees and feet up (girl style?) So I was doing at least 30 in my body weight circuits training exercises but I decided one day I was just going to try an actual pushup and I did 10 of them in a row. You might surprise yourself, especially if you do other upper body and core workouts.
  • TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member
    ashcky wrote: »
    I really just want to do a push up. Just one...the correct way. I can tell I'm getting closer.

What do you do currently? I have always done them with legs crossed at knees and feet up (girl style?) So I was doing at least 30 in my body weight circuits training exercises but I decided one day I was just going to try an actual pushup and I did 10 of them in a row. You might surprise yourself, especially if you do other upper body and core workouts.

I have a bum knee so girl style doesn't work for me. I do "elderly style"which is what we endearingly call it in my house. I stand away from the wall and do standing push ups. I also get into a push up position on the floor and hold it at various heights. I can't go all the way down and hold it...yet.
  • TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member

I read that using stairs (and moving down one stair every week) is closer to a full push up than a knee push up.

No idea if that's true. But they said it had to do with the angle of your body. Or something.

Thanks for the tip! I use the wall right now and step farther away every week. I can't do knee push ups bc of a bum knee. The stairs make sense!

• U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    @maisiba Congratulations, thrice. B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!