1200 a day and not loosing

Options
2»

Replies

• JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    1. You have to weigh everything possibe and measure liquids in a cup.
    2. 8 days isn't enough time.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I looked in your diary and you have a few entries measured in cups, portions, and unspecified weights. Weight all your solids
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day, lightly active and I'm loosing but only about a pound and a half a week. I am trying to loose 2 a week but...no luck.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    My weight bounces all over the place. It's the trend that matters, not one data point.

If you know that your weight "bounces around"- then I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are, you're retaining water or something. Keep at the caloric deficit and you WILL lose eventually. Patience is key. I know it's easier said than done but-- slow and steady wins the race.

I'm not the OP. I was offering anecdote.
  • naelliving
    naelliving Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just went through this same thing last week. I was tracking everything, exercising more than before, and doing everything everyone accuses you of not doing.
    I'm not sure if the cause, it could have been that I started a harder workout than before and my muscles upped my water retention. It could be that I was on my ovulation time of the month (I was), it could be that medications I had just started taking messed with my system and caused water retention, it could be that I was "backed up" (I was, sorry if TMI), and it could have been that I wasn't drinking enough water.
    I say all of that to say, that sometimes it's not just a one solution answer, and I learned from others that all of these things could have been factors as well as a number of other things. As much as we know about bodies, there is no one size fits all and as much as many want to shout "calorie deficit," That isn't always the only factor (my nutritionist, personal trainer, and doctor have all confirmed this), especially if you have other medical factors.
    More importantly, I tweaked a few things.
    I downloaded an app to drink more water (it reminded me to drink water every 30-45 minutes). Not only did it work-I felt better within a day. I don't think I realized how little water I was getting.
    With my doctor's blessing, I took a laxative. Yup. That helped, too, for obvious reasons.
    I limited my sodium intake to inhibit further retention, and (shock) rested from exercise for a day.
    Within a day I began losing again and lost 7.5 pounds by the end of that week.
    I have also had a stall before that ended after I ate a large brunch (within guidelines) and then fasted the rest of the day. The next day my stall ended.
    I don't know if this helped, but I gave it a shot.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    catmomfat wrote: »
    I'm on 1200 a day, lightly active and I'm loosing but only about a pound and a half a week. I am trying to loose 2 a week but...no luck.

ONLY???

1.5lb week is perfectly OK, 2lb is probably unrealistic for most people.

if you need more advice I suggest starting a thread of your own about it

• sandlsales22
    sandlsales22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nep2 do you know what the recommended intake of sodium is? X
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    As it says in the title! Diary is open. Everything is weighed and accurate. No cheats, no alcohol. Female 34, 5"5. Lightly active. Plenty of walking, working mum. Weight at same time everyday. The scale hasn't budged in 8 days and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not eating back any calories or anything like that. So frustrated! Help!

Weight?
    Goal weight?
  • MAH80T50
    MAH80T50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods - increase your protein & fibre and eat higher calories ... 1.5lb a week is a very good weight loss, the speed of loss is dependant on how much you're wanting to lose in total - when I started losing weight (I needed to lose 165lb) I was losing about 4lb a week, nowadays I lose about 2lb a month, but I only need to lose about 10lb, it's all relative.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    catmomfat wrote: »

If you are using a food scale and your logging is accurate, it may be that you actually cannot lose 2lb per week as your Maintenance minus 1000 actually dips 250 calories below 1200 which is unsafe.