I did it!

Options
sarahills
sarahills Posts: 23 Member
18th April 2016 - 12 stone 4
11th March 2017 - 9 stone 8!
In between those dates had three holidays, one birthday, a Christmas and a broken knee and fractured rib. Plenty of opportunity to fall off the wagon, some days I was only just clung on.
My aim is to go to my daughters 18th and be able to get a really nice photo of us both to treasure forever....that's all.
I feel healthier, fitter and happier because I've proved to myself I am capable of sticking to something. I'm far more educated about nutrition than I've ever been and gone are low calorie foods that have all the goodness stripped and chemicals added. Whole nutritional food with the odd glass of sparkly is my main aim.
Good luck to everyone keeping the hard work up!

Replies

• emilyc_1987
    emilyc_1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good work Sarah! You're amazing! Best of luck with your daughters 18th! Take loads of pictures - you deserve to feel like the paparazzi is following you! ;)
  • sarahills
    Options
    Thanks Emily!
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • jacobsl221
    jacobsl221 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    how much is a "stone" I'm from Florida.
  • sarahills
    Options
    jacobsl221 wrote: »
    how much is a "stone" I'm from Florida.

14 pounds. How fantastic you're reading from Florida! X
  • sarahills
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »
    Amazing job!

Thanks Cessi! That's really lovely of you! X
  • obLIVIon79
    obLIVIon79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done that's amazing you must feel fabulous. I have similar weight to lose. Have you please got any tips please (I'm struggling :( just wondering what you set as your daily kcal goal? Thankyou it's inspiring to read it's possible well done
  • sarahills
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for your kind words. I tend to do low GI foods e.g porridge instead of cornflakes, brown basmati rice instead of white and soya and linseed bread instead of white. Tend to average about 1,700 cals a day with daily exercise for about 30 mins. I've also cut out sugar apart from a small serving of dark chocolate once a day which I refuse to give up. Good LUCK and if I can help you anymore just shout. X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!