Where are my ladies over 40???

Options

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    41 years old! Yep! So much harder. And I had only gained back about 10 lbs, but even that 10 lbs is hard! Kudos to you for pushing and having your great attitude! I am also noticing tiny aches and pains, but same here - I will not give up! We can do this ***it may be slow but our hard work will pay off. :blush:
  • Natalie2950
    Natalie2950 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    On the same journey and have 10 very stubborn pounds to lose. Please feel free to add.
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and Yep it's harder but I'm 44 in 2 and 1/2 months and that's why I started the gym back in November and here3 weeks ago. My friends who are older (late 40's) find it harder still so I didn't want to wait.
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have to say Bodypump and heavy kettlebells really are helping
  • djduncangirl
    djduncangirl Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I got married last May and after I got married, put all of the weight back on I had lost before meeting my husband. I'm 40, almost 41. It's so tough. He is very supportive no matter what my weight is, but I've been back at it for two weeks and I feel like a different person. So much more hopeful and have so much more energy. I'm a low- carber. Anyone else out there a low-carber? I've lost 10 pounds (which I know happens in the beginning much more quickly.)
  • FITitch40
    FITitch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm LOVING all these posts!!!!! Especially knowing you are not letting age stand in the way of your goals, inspired!
    Adding you all
  • doglovingrunner
    doglovingrunner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I joined here when I was 40. Lost a bunch of weight. Fast forward 4 years later I've gained some of it back so I'm back. It's crazy difficult to lose after 40 oh yeah and I'm short 4'11 3/4". Yup short. Double difficult. Feel free to add me if you want support
  • Jesumi
    Jesumi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New here. How do I add you inspirational souls?
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Jesumi wrote: »
    New here. How do I add you inspirational souls?

Hello! Click on usernames and you should be able to friend request
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm almost 44 and it's definitely become harder to keep the lbs off but not impossible. I've always been a cardio queen but have started strength training two months ago and looking forwards to seeing better results.
  • mredding62
    mredding62 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in much the same boat, but I'm going all the way down this time...for good! PLEASE feel free to add me as a friend--I am supportive and need your motivation, as well! :smile:

mredding62
  • nurseangelamomof5boys
    Options
    Turning 49 this year lost 80 lbs a few years ago and I eventually found it all again lol. I've been on mfp since early January it's coming off slowly but as long as follows 1200 Cal's and exercise it's working. I joined the gym with my son he's a bodybuilder and he made a work out schedule so far so good lol. I find it so good for your mental health as well as your physical. I have hypothyroidism as well but I think my medication is regulated for now. I log on every day so feel free to add me. I'm down almost 17 lbs so far and I'm hoping with the lifestyle changes I keep it off this time.
    I wish everyone luck with their weight loss journey☺
  • SoniaLemos
    SoniaLemos Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've turned 43 last month. I have definitely noticed weight gain in the last few years. And it's quite a struggle to lose weight after hitting 40! My motivation is not so great when it comes to myself but I've taken steps on changing that too. Which is what brought me not this thread and MFP again. I recently started weight lifting, so if anyone has any workouts they are willing to share, please share. Also, feel free to add me ladies...!!!
  • LolaF1922
    LolaF1922 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism, and I'm worried that I'm trapped with the 20lbs I gained when I was first diagnosed. My levels are good, but I still feel SO tired. I'm 41, by the way. I just started MFP 4 days ago. I'm getting really hungry toward the end of the day, which is making me somewhat grouchy. Feel free to friend me!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    FITitch40 wrote: »
    41 going on 42, I totally need help keeping motivated. I am looking to lose over a hundred pounds but I'm having trouble finding a good diet that I can stick to.

I also had 100 lbs to lose, about 70 lbs to go. What I found easiest to follow is not to "diet" at all. I eat whatever I like or crave but just make sure it fits within my calorie range. This helps me from binge eating later on. Of course I try to eat more nutritious food and watch my macros, but every now and then I just need a slice of pizza or ice cream. So I'll eat it but make sure to log it. It's working well for me so far.

That part. I guess I never really seriously dieted so I have nothing to compare it to. I started 2 years ago on my 45th birthday. I turned 47 a couple of weeks ago and I have lost almost 200 lbs. I don't starve myself. I eat regular foods, but I also make sure I eat healthy most of the time. I exercise 6 days a week and I love it. For me, this is not a diet, but a new way of living. I weigh myself weekly, but I have learned to not let the scale control my emotions. I use it more as a barometer of how I am doing and if I need to make any adjustments.
  • MarriedchunkyK
    MarriedchunkyK Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    42 here in 2009 I lost 130 lbs & regained quite a bit. It fell off so easily before. I noticed its much less of a loss each week but I keep telling myself slow & steady will help me keep it off this time! Good luck hun friend me if you like :)
  • michelleRKdavidson
    michelleRKdavidson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    44 here!! I got down to my lowest weight about 7-8 years ago and I let life get in the way and I have let it get back up there. I definitely feel like getting off in my 40s is going to be harder. I tried a couple of time over the past couple of years and it just wouldn't last! I am starting over so I am going to try to keep myself motivated and make it happen this time. I think getting and keeping my metabolism up will be the key for me now. Good luck!