Cut down sugar challenge!

Options
13»

Replies

• kikimaria2014
    kikimaria2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am trying to get out of a weight loss plateau and get healthier overall by cutting down on added sugar. I will give you the disclaimer of extreme for me may not be the same as extreme for you. I eat a lot of candy, particularly in the evenings, and I do use sweetened creamer in my coffee. My plan for the next 10 days is:
    1. Milk instead of creamer in my coffee
    2. No sugar, honey or artificial sweeteners (including stevia, sucralose, etc) added to any of my meals
    3. One small piece of chocolate allowed for dessert each day.
    4. Fruit is ok

Who is with me?! Post below if you are interested and your own personal goals. We will plan to post how we did every evening and be a source of motivation to one another!

I am interested
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had a good day again today. I have found that once I got over the cravings it has been really easy. Almost too easy. I am waiting for the bubble to burst. They had cakes at work for the last 3 days and I have not been tempted even a little bit. I would never have believed if someone told me eight weeks ago that I would have been this way.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Blew it majorly yesterday. Both calories and sugar. Went for a run/walk to try to counteract some of the bad decisions. Oh well, another day, another try
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    Weekends are the worst for me, because I'm over at my mom's a lot, and she always has a LOT of great food around. My pantry is usually pretty bare compared to hers
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had a blow out on Friday but I have been back on the wagon since so not to much damage I think.
  • Celticmoon67
    Celticmoon67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I personally quit putting sugar in my coffee back in early February. I think it was one of the hardest things to I ever done. So glad I stuck with it, I do feel so much better, and swelling and joint pain have gone away. It is very hard to pass a Dunkin Donuts and not get a Iced coffee w extra cream n sugar.
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    I also went over on Sunday, but stayed around my calorie goal
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tomorrow is my birthday so planning on some ice cream and cookies
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    Yesterday was good, way under on calories, and right at on sugar. Today we will see, lol
  • coffeeaddict882
    coffeeaddict882 Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi friends, I'm back! I'm happy to continue this starting tomorrow. I had some indulgences on vacation but more self control than usual.
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    Yesterday I was a tiny bit over. Started C25K today on a side note.