2»

Replies

• LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1. Not calorie counting and just eating smaller potions
    2. Not weighing my food
    3. I weigh myself every morning which gives me an idea about how my progress is going.
    4. Drinking lots of water
    5. Taking walks during work breaks

I've lost 32 pounds so far so it's working!
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Don't beat myself up when I go overboard (today).

Keep the crisper drawer full of pre-washed vegetables at all times.

Have a mixing bowl sized salad every day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,132 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    1) Be in a caloric deficit.

That's it.

Yep ... this!
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hm this is a good one. Biggest must do's are not beating myself up, flexible dieting, incorporating HIIT when I do eat a little more than usual
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Keep the fridge and cabinets well stocked.
    Log , weigh, measure food.
    Preplan meals.
    Exercise.
    Forgive and be patient with myself.
    Put on blinders as to what other people are doing and don't listen to what doesn't benefit me.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Creating an enjoyably sustainable approach that allows me the most freedom and simplicity.
    For me that includes
    IF, roughly 16:8, 2 meals a day.
    Lunch prepping sunday for the week
    Eating predominantly whole, minimally processed foods
    And a bunch of other little things that pertain to my individual tastes that many here would probably scoff and ridicule if I laid them out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    1. I don't count calories so I tend to put a premium on whole food nutrition as I am less likely to over-eat.
    2. Exercise regularly
    3. Brown bagging my breakfast, lunch, and snacks the vast majority of the time
    4. Mostly cooking and eating at home...we don't eat out very often
    5. Focus on my nutrition and fitness...the rest tends to sort itself out.
    6. Allow for indulgences like Friday night pizza nights.
    7. Spend quality active time with my family...i.e. family hikes, recreational bike rides, etc.
    8. Sleep
    9. Look at the bigger picture
    10. Weigh in regularly to monitor things.

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sleep, water, calorie deficit, put me first (that laundry can wait and I don't have to head up that committee), log my food and weigh myself daily, read success stories, well stocked pantry of mostly the right foods, at night when I'm almost ready to eat a flip flop I eat an apple then full glass of water wait 20, still hungry, string cheese and tea...usually that does it, if not airpopped popcorn 20 min later. Even all that food is less than 300 calories so I make sure I have that left over, eat until I'm 80% full in general, and get over it if I over eat.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Stay at a small deficit, weigh all my food and walk as much as I can afford in order to get more calories to eat.

I don't think I have any other rules.

Oh, I do. Never be hungry. I'd rather not make a deficit a given day than stay hungry. Feeling full is my rule number one. Some days I'm just hungrier than others so I eat more. No tortures!
    This is the only way I can stay on the weight loss track. Have been on it successfully for 13 months now.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, the only thing you must do to lose weight is to eat food. Of course, even that isn't required short term.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Eat less than my target calories per day (a deficit of my choosing) and more than 1,000 calories per day (minimum for women). I manage that by counting calories.

That's all the "musts" there are for weight loss. Anything else is preference.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Will giveyou my perspective, lost 80 pounds have been keeping it off for over 7months.

A lot of posters have given really good ideas but what it really comes down to is a mental decision. As someone who tried diets before this was the easiest thing I ever did I didn't look at it as a diet, it was a lifestyle change and I basically educated myself about food what I eat and the consequences of eating whatever I ate.

I have a simple philosophy eat whatever you want as long as it fits within your caloric goals. If I couldn't eat the occasional Wendy's hamburger slice of pizza or beers on the beach I could have never done this. For this to work it has to be enjoyable and by giving up stuff you like it's not going to work long-term it has to be sustainable
  • fubarfornow
    fubarfornow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead, and have a Plan B stash of filling, healthy and lower calorie food (protein shakes, protein bars, and jars of homemade soup in the freezer) for those times when the first plan goes awry (like leaving my perishable home-packed lunch sitting in the sun when I walked in to a work emergency and forgot to put it away). If I blow both Plan A and don't have a Plan B, the siren song of fast food becomes much harder to ignore.