Options
2»

Replies

• rawroy
    rawroy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »
    rawroy wrote: »
    Just some of the Low Fat Plant Based Meals I'm making.
    45cb41eqmnkw.jpg
    dz4kdaw752a6.jpg
    1mh7ga0w0tyy.jpg
    73k2w3bfahhd.jpg
    nmx5qnldhvgk.jpg
    lc7mpscvv6v2.jpg
    y5xxxtle2le1.jpg
    7uz4jifmq092.jpg

Is that chicken or tofu? I'm newly vegan but everything looks fantastic! Where do you get your recipes?

The first pic is Tofu and the 5th pic is vegan gardein chicken strips! They look and taste like the real thing but I remember when I ate meat it was tougher. I actually prefer these plant based meat alternatives so much more! I don't have to worry about choking on a piece of meat. It was sooo scary when my son got bacon stuck in his throat once. Plant Based Meat is much more tender and easier to chew. If I tried a piece of meat now, my jaw would probably be sore for a week LOL
  • rawroy
    Options
    rawroy wrote: »
    what about grilled meals?

I'm grilling the vegan meat subs for the added protein. I love grilled veggies too but that would add more time to meal prep. So far, the tofu and rice was the easiest to prep having a rice cooker and just popping the tofu in the oven for 30 minutes. The salads took the longest because I had to hand wash, chop up and measure all that lettuce. It was easier just to make a salad on the fly but I have a new solution for Salads coming up!

What about couscous or oven roasted veggies? Couscous seasons fairly easy so you can add lemon juice and cilantro after it's done cooking.

Grilled and Roasted sound good! Maybe if I whip up a large batch at once I can still save time! For steamed, I just put them in the meal prep container and nuke them.
  • rawroy
    Options
    [/quote]
    Is that chicken or tofu? I'm newly vegan but everything looks fantastic! Where do you get your recipes?
    [/quote]

Sorry forgot to answer your last question. I just lookup recipes online but modify and simplify them. Even if they are not vegan or low fat, I just substitute the ingredients. These recipes are very simple with few ingredients. For example, the first week, all I did was cook brown rice in my rice cooker, put tofu in the oven for 30 minutes, then just create different sauces for each day. Throw in some veggies and seasoning and that's all. Now if you look online, you'll see so many recipes that say squeeze the tofu, let it sit for a while, refrigerate or freeze it to make it firmer...no way! I did that at first...doesn't even matter! I just take it out, stack a few together, slice it up like cheese, sprinkle it with different spices and stick it in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Then you just add whatever sauces you want on it ;)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i tried to look through your diary but it seems to be incomplete for the most part.

with these prepped meals, about how many calories a day are you getting? how many total grams of protein/carbs/fats?

I also eat 99% plant based and i'm always looking for new ideas. But i'm bulking and need about 2,200 calories a day and 90-110 g of protein. It would be cool if i could take some of your meal ideas for inspiration! :)

are you making the sauces on your own? if so, do you have recipes? or are you buying sauces and if so what brands are they?

what type of containers for meal prep and sauces are you using?

<3
  • rawroy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    i tried to look through your diary but it seems to be incomplete for the most part.

with these prepped meals, about how many calories a day are you getting? how many total grams of protein/carbs/fats?

I also eat 99% plant based and i'm always looking for new ideas. But i'm bulking and need about 2,200 calories a day and 90-110 g of protein. It would be cool if i could take some of your meal ideas for inspiration! :)

are you making the sauces on your own? if so, do you have recipes? or are you buying sauces and if so what brands are they?

<3

Sorry, I haven't been tracking Evenings or Weekends. I started tracking Breakfast and Lunch because I'm entering those meals in advance so I don't forget. I'll try to start tracking all meals so it helps. I always enter my meal preps first to get the calories and percentages of each. Here is what I entered before breakfast so you can get an idea. I'm getting between 800-1,000 for breakfast and lunch and then I go home and have 1-2 helpings of dinner and make banana smoothies or nIce cream for a late evening dessert with peanut butter powder. I save my biggest meals for dinner because it really helps me wind down and sleep :)

Yes, I make my own sauces.
    Alfredo Sauce (Blender)
    50 g, Lemons
    2 cup, Cauliflower - Raw (Boiled to Softness)
    2 clove, Garlic
    2.00 Tbsp, Hemp Seeds
    2 tablespoon, Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
    0.25 tsp, Salt
    0.25 cup, Water
    1 tsp, ground, Pepper
    1 tsp(s), Spices, garlic powder

Pesto Sauce (Blender)
    2 Tbsp, Hemp Seeds
    1 tbsp(s), Lemon juice, raw
    0.25 tsp, Sea Salt
    0.50 avocado, Avocado Medium 1/2
    0.25 teaspoon, Spices, garlic powder
    1 tbsp, leaves, Spices, basil, dried
    2 tbsp(s), Almond Milk

Cheese Sauce (Blender)
    8.00 g, Potato (boiled to softness)
    2 medium, Carrots, raw (boiled to softness)
    6 tablespoon, Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
    0.75 tsp, Sea Salt
    0.25 tsp, ground, Spices, pepper, white
    0.50 tsp(s), Spices, onion powder
    0.50 teaspoon, Spices, garlic powder
    1 tbsp(s), Lemon juice, raw
    1 tsp(s), Chives, freeze-dried
    1 tsp(s), Spices, basil, dried
    0.50 cup, Water

Italian Sauce (Just Shake all of these together)
    5 tbsp(s), Apple Juice
    0.25 cup, Vinegar, cider
    0.25 cup, Lemon juice, raw
    0.50 tsp(s), Spices, onion powder
    0.50 tsp, Spices, paprika
    0.50 tsp, Spices, mustard seed, ground
    0.50 tsp(s), Spices, oregano, dried
    0.25 tsp(s), Spices, basil, dried
    0.12 tsp, Spices, thyme, dried
    0.12 tsp(s), Spices, rosemary, dried
    1 tsp(s), Spices, garlic powder

PastaWeek.gif
  • rawroy
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

<3

I purchased the largest Meal Prep Containers I could find on Amazon, but for salads, I had to go to the Dollar Store and found some larger containers for just a few bucks that are still BPA, Microwave, Freezer and Dishwasher safe!
    Here's the link for the containers on Amazon. You can choose the 1,2 and 3 Compartment. I got an order of each just in case.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K7OGHAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    My daughter has been wanting to do this but her fresh veggies and fruits always seem a bit ick after about 4 days or so, never seem to last the whole 7. What do you do to make them go the distance for the whole week?
  • rawroy
    Options
    shaumom wrote: »
    My daughter has been wanting to do this but her fresh veggies and fruits always seem a bit ick after about 4 days or so, never seem to last the whole 7. What do you do to make them go the distance for the whole week?

I spray lemon or lime juice on them and put them in my sealed containera In the fridge. Fresh veggies always last by themselves in a fridge but you can also try buying lemon and lime juice that already has preservatives to spray on them! I don't cook or steam them until I'm ready to eat them. Maybe put in a separate container too. I have some with separate compartments. So far, I've been doing it this way for 3 weeks and haven't had a problem yet.
  • lotusthrone
    lotusthrone Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I made vegan jerk 'chicken' stuff peppers last week and they turned out really well! You make a tempeh mushroom stuffing for the peppers and then make the jerk sauce to put on before baking.
    With a lime vegan mayo corn salad on the side it was a filling meal.
  • rawroy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For those that are interested! This Meal Prep is super easy if you have a Rice Cooker and Oven ;)
    Just put the rice in and slice up the Tofu and put in Oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees and they are done at the same time! Cut up some Veggies and just add a cup of your favorite sauces to change the flavors! I went with Low Sodium Braggs Liquid Aminos, BBQ Sauce, Teryaki, and Sweet n Sour Chili!!! Some with white rice, some with brown rice! Homemade Salsa with corn, tomato, cilantro, onion and garlic spices to top it! Sooooo good and cost less than $5 per meal!

MealPrepRice.jpg
    RiceWeek.gif
  • rawroy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    meal1.jpg
    meal3.jpg
    meal5.jpg
    meal8.jpg
    nutrition1.png
    nutrition2.png
    nutrition3.png
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I vote for roasted/baked veggies as well. I just chop up a load and put them into the oven at 400F. It's easy and adds a bit of variety. No oil needed.
  • rawroy
    Options
    I vote for roasted/baked veggies as well. I just chop up a load and put them into the oven at 400F. It's easy and adds a bit of variety. No oil needed.

Will the cooked veggies last a week vs raw until heated up in the microwave? I'll give it a shot!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    yeah this is pretty impressive, not going to lie.
  • veronicav0502
    veronicav0502 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    About how long does it take you to prep your meals for the week?
  • rawroy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    About how long does it take you to prep your meals for the week?

The Rice and Tofu meals this week only took me 2 hours from start to finish. I used a rice cooker and just sliced up the tofu and popped it in the oven for 30 minutes while I washed, chopped up the veggies and divided them all up for 3 people. It made 15 lunch meals for the week. I was asked by a few more family members too so now I'll be making them for 4 others. Let me tell you though, the Salads last week took 4 hours so I'm not doing that one the same way! Washing all those veggies and lettuce took a long time but had to be done! I just have to come up with recipes and methods that keep it within 2 hours and under $5 each!!
  • rawroy
    Options
    I found Vegan Shrimp and it's freaking delicious!!

meal1.jpg
    meal2.jpg
    meal3.jpg
    meal4.jpg
    meal5.jpg
    meal6.jpg
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yum! @rawroy what brand is it? I'd love to add "shrimp" to my rotation of imitation meats haha