Master Cleanse

Options

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Fasting is one thing but abusing laxatives is another. I would never ever recommend a diet that pushes drinking senna.

The use of a single nightly cup of senna tea, for 11 days, is only intended to aid the action of peristalsis in the absence of solid food and fiber, and does not, in my opinion, constitute abuse.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Basically you presented your opinion (see bolded), told US to look up the research, and then effectively put your hands over your ears and started yelling "I can't hear you, I can't hear you!" Not a very effective way of communicating.

I'm going to say that I don't think anything more needs to be said about the one post. @LeanButNotMean44 has covered it all and the less said, the better.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Seems like this is making the rounds again. Search it on the boards. To save time the bottom line is to just avoid. Maintain a calorie deficit, weigh your food and logging everything you consume.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    My last word on this thread is this:

The part you missed is "I do me, you do you". And for the record, I did not advocate or recommend anything; I simply related my own experience. Do your own research and make your own road.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cleanses, detoxes = bullcrap. But fasts do have some promising science behind their health-promoting effects. And obviously you don't need to take a laxative for fasting.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1934590914001519
    http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2016/press.html
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    The liver and kidneys are pretty amazing, just eat a a deficit. You don't need more than those organs to cleanse. Don't torture yourself.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I did. Doctor approved for a colonoscopy, only for a day.

I got a nice nap afterwards. Why anyone would do this for 10 days when it's not a medical necessity is beyond me.