Low calorie breakfasts

Options
13»

Replies

• lindamarie61
    lindamarie61 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I pre make muffin tin omelettes. I add in whatever veggies I want into a muffin tin and mix the eggs and a splash of milk together and pour it into the muffin tin with the veggies and top with cheese. I bake them for 20-25min and then have them in the fridge for the week. I usually eat 2 for breakfast and they are about 150 cal for 2, depending what you put in them. They keep me full till lunch.

What veggies do you use and what temp do you cook them on?
  • Ajones514
    Ajones514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quaker Old Fashioned plain oatmeal with about 1 tbsp of PURE maple syrup, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. It's about 190 calories all together. The Pure maple syrup is one of the highest calorie substances in the oatmeal but it's super sweet so you only need a little bit.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Just top your toast with some nut butter, sliced banana, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Egg in a hole. In cast iron skillet (no oil needed if well seasoned) put a peice of the 40 cal fit aldi bread with a hole you cut out of middle size of egg. Crack egg into hole. Flip when white starts to set. Then serve mmmmmm about 112 (72 egg +40 bread) calories so you can have 2 or even add something like an orange.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    40g quick oats, 9 oz water, cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup with either strawberries or banana.

6 egg whites, half a green pepper and sriracha to top it off.

One serving of kodiak cakes with some fruit on the side.

half an avocado, 35 cal wheat bread, sunny side up egg (or egg whites) with some berries on the side.

These are some of my favorite low cal breakfasts that I change up occasionally.
  • Jet3134
    Jet3134 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite is:
    1/2 cup dry oats
    1 banana
    1-2 Tbsp natural peanut butter

Mash it all up with a fork and eat!
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A filling low-calorie breakfast for me is a frittata made with LOT of vegetables (mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.) sauteed in a little olive oil, and two eggs. Saute the vegetables, then pour the beaten egg mixture over it and let it fill in the gaps. You can sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on it for flavor if you want. Serve with sliced tomatoes. Depending on the amount of vegetables it will be around 225-300 calories and should fill the whole plate.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    120 calories: 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt topped with 1 T chopped walnuts and 2 T frozen blueberries.
    It will keep you satisfied a lot longer than one slice of bread.
  • Charger2016
    Charger2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    FutureLife Smart-Fibre Bran cereal clocks in at about 160 calories for 40g of cereal plus 100ml milk. And it keeps you full for hours.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Actually, there is evidence that an orange is about twice as satisfying as a piece of white bread of equal calories:

S.H.A. Holt, J.C. Brand Miller, P. Petocz, and E. Farmakalidis, "A Satiety Index of Common Foods," European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, September 1995, pages 675-690.

Or read this.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I eat high fiber oatmeal at 160 calories with my coffee. Keeps me full all morning :)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    120 calories: 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt topped with 1 T chopped walnuts and 2 T frozen blueberries.
    It will keep you satisfied a lot longer than one slice of bread.

I have a funny reaction to yogurt in the morning. I don't really enjoy eating it (maybe because it's sour, has a goopy texture, and it's cold), but it really feels good in the stomach. Must be a pro-biotic thing.