134lbs to 128lbs will it be noticeable

Options
I wondering if I lose 6 pounds will it be noticeable?

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position last summer. It was noticeable to me and those around me. I'm 5'2 tho, and was strength training. I noticed it mostly in my clothes.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and would say that would be noticeable on me - specifically from 134 to 128.
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I'm 5' 6" and would say that would be noticeable on me - specifically from 134 to 128.

Same .

I'm 5'7 and when I get into the 120's I definitely look smaller.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It will definitely depend on your height and body composition.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and my maintenance range is between 122-127. I honestly don't notice a big difference when I'm at the top of that range versus the bottom. My pants fit the same. Maybe less bloat in my stomach but not something anyone else would notice. I did see a big difference going from the upper 130s to the mid 120s.
  • april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and it was not noticeable on me to go from 134 to 128. It was noticeable to go from 138--128 though
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and that amount of weight loss shows on me. The last little bit really makes a huge difference in what kind of clothes you feel great in
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and recently went from just over 170 down to 165. It's not visually noticeable, but I have some underwear that slides off now.
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and excess fat goes to my midsection first. That amount of weight is the difference between having a nice trim midsection or a muffin top.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Probably. That's 5% of your weight. But our weight tends to fluctuate within a 3-5 pound range due to water weight fluctuations. So, I'm assuming you're talking about decreasing the middle of that range by 6 pounds (i.e. losing 6 pounds of fat).
  • thebestyear2017
    thebestyear2017 Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    april3888 wrote: »
    I am 5'5" and it was not noticeable on me to go from 134 to 128. It was noticeable to go from 138--128 though

Thank you for this.

I am 5'5.5", 30 and started at 150 last July (highest 154 the year before) and am now 137. I have not been this weight in 4 years. My goal is about 126-8, but have not been that weight in almost a decade! I know that 137.2 is a healthy weight for my height but aesthetically, I could do to lose some more, still have wobbly areas and have a small-ish frame. I notice when my weight goes up so hoping I'll definitely notice and appreciate when it goes down.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4'10." I had to lose close to 20 pounds before anyone noticed or my jeans got baggy enough to be aggravating. Even as short as I am -- no, six pounds wouldn't make any difference in looks.
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 8 pounds (from 10 stone 1 pound to 9 stone 7 pounds) but people have noticed a difference and said I am more toned now!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm a few pounds heavier than that at 5'4 and that's the difference between a 4 and a 2 on me.
  • itsfitnessnotrocketscience
    Options
    I'd say yes. I'm 5'6" about 134ish and while doing body fat calipers on me, a trainer told me "you would be amazed how you looked around 126." Granted she was looking me over & knew my composition but still. Been my goal since!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,216 Member
    Options
    april3888 wrote: »

Thank you for this.

I am 5'5.5", 30 and started at 150 last July (highest 154 the year before) and am now 137. I have not been this weight in 4 years. My goal is about 126-8, but have not been that weight in almost a decade! I know that 137.2 is a healthy weight for my height but aesthetically, I could do to lose some more, still have wobbly areas and have a small-ish frame. I notice when my weight goes up so hoping I'll definitely notice and appreciate when it goes down.

If you've adjusted your actual loss rate down to 0.5lb/week as recommended when you're that close to goal, you should be able to just coast slowly downward until you feel happy with how you feel and look. I'm about your height, and I chose to do it that way. When I knew I was getting close (within 10 pounds-ish) I had some benchmarks in my head about what I wanted to feel/see rather than targeting a specific weight, then literally woke up one morning and said to myself "this is it!".

You'll know it when you feel it, I predict.
  • lindymacl
    lindymacl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", have gone from 196lbs to 189lbs in 7 weeks and I definitely notice it! My clothes are looser and I've lost my double chin. My waist is much smaller. It's a great incentive to keep going. Good luck.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5'3" when she lost the same amount by adding lifting to our exercise it was very noticeable. She went from a size 8 to a 4!
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've recently lost 6, and I can't tell any difference on me. I am taller and heavier than you. My pants are looser though. I haven't told anyone I'm trying to loose weight, so they aren't looking either. I'm hoping the next 4.1; which will get me to my first major goal will show a difference.