134lbs to 128lbs will it be noticeable

Options
2»

Replies

• hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and my maintenance range is between 122-127. I honestly don't notice a big difference when I'm at the top of that range versus the bottom. My pants fit the same. Maybe less bloat in my stomach but not something anyone else would notice. I did see a big difference going from the upper 130s to the mid 120s.

Im same height and agree with everything written

• catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I also am one of those odd birds that gains and looses all over, not just in one area, so I think it takes a bigger drop for me to show weight loss. If you loose primarily in one area, 6 pounds will really show.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yes. Youe body will feel it.
    May lose some inches and you'll lose inches
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your body composition and where you lose weight from. I'm 5'9 and I'd say that 145-140 is NOT noticeable but 140-135 IS at least in a bathing suit. That was when my ribs started showing up. I prefer 140.
  • thebestyear2017
    thebestyear2017 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    april3888 wrote: »
    I am 5'5" and it was not noticeable on me to go from 134 to 128. It was noticeable to go from 138--128 though

Thank you for this.

I am 5'5.5", 30 and started at 150 last July (highest 154 the year before) and am now 137. I have not been this weight in 4 years. My goal is about 126-8, but have not been that weight in almost a decade! I know that 137.2 is a healthy weight for my height but aesthetically, I could do to lose some more, still have wobbly areas and have a small-ish frame. I notice when my weight goes up so hoping I'll definitely notice and appreciate when it goes down.

If you've adjusted your actual loss rate down to 0.5lb/week as recommended when you're that close to goal, you should be able to just coast slowly downward until you feel happy with how you feel and look. I'm about your height, and I chose to do it that way. When I knew I was getting close (within 10 pounds-ish) I had some benchmarks in my head about what I wanted to feel/see rather than targeting a specific weight, then literally woke up one morning and said to myself "this is it!".

You'll know it when you feel it, I predict.

Thank you, I appreciate this - and agree it's totally about the feeling. I think I recognise that where I've failed before is trying to lose too much too quickly. 0.5 a week is realistic and what I should aim for. I'm excited for that "this is it" day!
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Rosyone wrote: »
    I'm 5'7" and excess fat goes to my midsection first. That amount of weight is the difference between having a nice trim midsection or a muffin top.

This. I feel great at 128 and a little puffy at 134.
  • nietosusana1
    nietosusana1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that all bodies carry weight differently. For example:
    I've started to exercise consistently (running 2-3 times a week, sometimes 4, barre class, body shred, with a mix of whatever other classes my gym has to offer) and have gone from 130 to 134 in a matter of weeks. Yet, all my smaller sized clothing is starting to fit again, and my coworkers have complimented me several times on how great and "smaller" I look. Except for shorts... I don't think I'll ever fit into shorts again. My giant thighs are getting even bigger!

Like AnnPT77 said, try to measure on how you feel as well. If you feel great, and notice a difference, that's what matters! It'd be nice if the scale would say how we feel, but it doesn't always happen.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I just went from 141 to 134. It is definitely noticeable, particularly around my waist and hips. I lost 1.5" from my waist, 2" from my hips, 1" from bust. I was wearing size 8 jeans and I'm back to wears my size 6.
  • thebestyear2017
    thebestyear2017 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I just went from 141 to 134. It is definitely noticeable, particularly around my waist and hips. I lost 1.5" from my waist, 2" from my hips, 1" from bust. I was wearing size 8 jeans and I'm back to wears my size 6.

Amazing, well done! Do you mind me asking if you are sticking now at 134? And also how long it took to go from 141 to 134?
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Amazing, well done! Do you mind me asking if you are sticking now at 134? And also how long it took to go from 141 to 134?

Thank you! It took me about 7 weeks. I would lose 0.5 - 1.5 pounds a week depending on what time of the month it was and how much I went out to eat that week. I was eating 1350-1550 calories per week and just walking for exercise.

135 is a comfortable place for me but I've gotten a bit squishy over the years so I still feel a bit chubby. I would like to get down to 130, go into maintenance, then start weight training to build more muscle. Unfortunately I seem to have plateaued this last week, but Aunt Flo is visiting so I need to wait it out. I'll give it another week and reevaluate if I'm sticking to that plan or if I just transfer to maintenance.