I love giving random advice

Options
samuelgina91
samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
I love giving random advice; shoot me a problem/topic and I will respond:)

Replies

• samuelgina91
    Options
    Or if you really enjoy being a private person, send me a message
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I can't decide if I should have egg salad or chicken salad for lunch
  • wardamnirish056
    wardamnirish056 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would like to sneak out of work early today, but I just did that yesterday. Should I? Am I pressing my luck?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    How many puppies are too many puppies? Can I have too many puppies?
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    I agree chicken salad, just holds up better compared to egg salad, and smells better incase you are in a public place. Don't sneak out of work at all, ask your boss if it is an emergency, if it isn't then work it will only be a little while and you maintain your work ethic and validity of why they hired you.
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    For the D&D I don't play so my advice really is going to be a shot in the dark and ask your new member what he/she would like to be in their role.
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    Yes you can have too many puppies, when they pee everywhere and you can't keep up with maintaining their welfare. How many puppies do you have? I would start with one, then I would take a picture of said really cute puppy and put it on the group for puppy lovers everywhere to enjoy.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    we've got a new person joining our D&D group next week. the group currently consists of a human fighter, an eladrin wizard, a human ranger, and two halflings, one is a druid and the other is a rogue. what race and class do you think the new player should be?

we're very low level right now so we're easy to kill, but we also don't murderhobo everything in sight either, so hit points don't matter too much. i'm the fighter so whatever character they play is prob going to stay behind me most of the game anyhow if that helps.

Chicken Salad

Did you quote the wrong thing? LOL
    cee134 wrote: »
    How many puppies are too many puppies? Can I have too many puppies?

3 and yes
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    Ask your date first if they like lizards, most of the time slow baby steps are needed, and maybe wait till the second date to bring out the lizards? Maybe they could visit the lizards rather then you bringing them.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    What's the secret to making great biscuits?
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    For the D&D I don't play so my advice really is going to be a shot in the dark and ask your new member what he/she would like to be in their role.

well we did and they went to this homebrew wiki and now want to play some really random character, this like dragon mage thing that is way too op. i personally think they should go for being a paladin but i want them to have fun too and paladins can be kind of boring considering they have to be so slavishly devoted. i guess we can just let them be the edgy drow because they'll have fun but everybody always ends up trying to be the new Drizzt of the group when that happens and nobody wants to play with that guy.

Ask them what their second choice of character would be, and see if that works for the group, as being a mage isn't what the group needs at the moment. Ask them if they could step up into a role that works best to see your group to victory, and have fun. It's a game, you are all being social and it should be fun.
  • samuelgina91
    Options
    Ask your date first if they like lizards, most of the time slow baby steps are needed, and maybe wait till the second date to bring out the lizards? Maybe they could visit the lizards rather then you bringing them.

Who doesn't like lizards?

Some people might be scared of them at first, they just need the opportunity to meet them when they are comfortable with it instead of it being thrust upon them because it means that you cared enough for their comfort to be aware of what they needed in that situation. However, if they tell you to get rid of your lizards (all of them) or call you weird for liking them, then they aren't going to be the best match for you.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I like giving random advice too, should I? Only if they ask?
    I also love talking to random strangers, do you see any problems with this?