Hangry?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great observation! I have a potential solution for you. I've been downing pickles to keep my belly feeling full in the middle of the day. I wrote a blog post of how it fits in my schedule and why I like it here. Maybe that helps a bit?

Love this! I forgot about pickles! Will pick up a jar of baby dills tonight *drool*
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,442 Member
    Options
    Not if I don't over-restrict, and do get reasonable macros and micros. Are you intentionally (as I suspect) eating so LF? Might you need a little extra protein to help with the patella healing?

Not working out makes me cranky, though. Also morning. Morning makes me waaaay cranky.
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally. I used to be so bad because I would eat & drink so little during the day (busy, high-stress job) and by the time I was driving home I would be SO hangry that I'd more often than not hit up the drive-thru for dinner because I just needed to shove food in my face ASAP. Of course the food was low quality and can be addictive so that just made things worse and was an evil little circle of hangriness. That was about 2 years ago now, since then I've made some major life changes, including eating better quality foods on the regular. I don't get it often anymore but it still kicks in sometimes if I've had a bad day and haven't eaten well or taken care of myself. I also have less stress in my life now, so that helps to not trigger those hangry cravings I used to get as well.
  • Anaconda1983
    Anaconda1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Valkmer2 wrote: »
    I used to get hangry, but that stopped for me once I cut out aspartame. I miss my Diet Coke, but my friends and family do not miss my blood-sugar related moodiness. I also have found that I don't get snacky/hungry as much as I used to.

Um. There's no sugar in diet drinks, so sugar wasn't the culprit.......

Aspartame is an artificial sweetener found most often in diet sodas, so that definitely was the culprit...
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Valkmer2 wrote: »
    I used to get hangry, but that stopped for me once I cut out aspartame. I miss my Diet Coke, but my friends and family do not miss my blood-sugar related moodiness. I also have found that I don't get snacky/hungry as much as I used to.

Um. There's no sugar in diet drinks, so sugar wasn't the culprit.......

Aspartame is an artificial sweetener found most often in diet sodas, so that definitely was the culprit...

But diet sweeteners don't affect your blood sugar like actual sugars. There was some thought it might, but some trials disproved it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,576 Member
    Options
    Great observation! I have a potential solution for you. I've been downing pickles to keep my belly feeling full in the middle of the day. I wrote a blog post of how it fits in my schedule and why I like it here. Maybe that helps a bit?

Love this! I forgot about pickles! Will pick up a jar of baby dills tonight *drool*

Just remember - they're full of crazy amounts of sodium - so if you consume them at large, then you could see some water retention.

A less salt alternative is Cucumbers. Very low cals.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, and weight loss goal? You may be trying to lose far too aggressively.