Gotta stay under my limit to stop this binge streak... but only 280 cal left for dinner. Suggestions

Options
Please no lectures about eating 1200. I am overweight and need to lose. I'm coming off an epic binge and my current stats are incorrect. I see an RD, etc., and we both agree to end this month of binging I need to eat 1200 a day. I've yet to succeed in that (another warning for you, no lectures about me eating 1200, I'm not freaking starving here, I'm 5'1). Thanks to some stupid oil covered veggies, I'm up to 1050-some cal's today. I need a filling dinner idea. Anyone have a suggestion?

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cottage cheese is filling for me 1 cup coming in at 210 calories.

Two hard boiled eggs 140 in a salad?

A baked potato 250 (depending on size).

I don't eat meat so I can't help in that area.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Protein shake?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Try yoga.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Higher protein will at least help with satiety so agree with cottage cheese. Chicken breast and maybe some steamed veggies would be good too.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hokkaido.
  • starofthenight12
    starofthenight12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Shrimp salad. If you fry use pam.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    beans- a can of black beans with spice or veggies- very filling!
  • jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All of my dinners are under 300 calories. Combinations of chicken breast, which is very low cal and high protein and veggie combos.
    I admit, I'm getting kind of sick of chicken!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    jludwick78 wrote: »
    All of my dinners are under 300 calories. Combinations of chicken breast, which is very low cal and high protein and veggie combos.
    I admit, I'm getting kind of sick of chicken!
    Try shrimp or scallops instead of chicken.

I eat soup. Soup is good.
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    BTW not a lecture. Just suggest getting a 2nd and 3rd if necessary opinion from a reputable RD
  • LessCookiess
    Options
    Honestly, I don't understand why you're going to over- restrict yourself like this. I eat a protein packed breakfast, a snack, lunch, 2 other snacks, and dinner, and I'm losing weight. I'm not counting calories or restricting myself just practicing eating smaller portions.
    The fact you're following a plan where you're trying to find something to eat with such a low calorie allotment is a bit sad. Good luck op!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    You could have a huge pile of roasted veggies or a big pile of roasted veggies and some lean meat.
  • LessCookiess
    Options
    ...is that all i needed to put in order to say my own comments? lol
    well... darn... missed my chance i guess. Although my concern was more the binge eating itself then the 1200
    Binge eating was also something I noticed. I'm 5'2 I'm not sure of the Op weight, but If I eat 1200 calories a day in a week I would lose at least 2 pounds a week. I think with such things as an eating disorder people often eat more calories to become more properly nourished and to not desire to binge.
    I was going to tell the Op to eat more calories so they can have more calories for dinner.