• fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    SWIMMING rules!

Here! Here!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Cycling. Coasting after climbs, wind on your face, and SPEED!
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I prefer cycling but that's only due to a family history of terrible knee's.

Before my back surgery I would cycle multiple times a week, did the ride to conquer cancer (200KM). I can't wait to get back on the bike this summer.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Where I live the only way to do a decent bike ride safely is to drive to a rail trail that's an hour away or ride on the side of a busy highway. We have few roads with anything resembling a bike lane, and with rolling terrain, there are a lot of blind corners. When running, I can always jump into a ditch or run on the grass if I hear a car coming and know they can't see me around the bend or over the hill. That's not as easy on a bike. In town is even worse. There are no bike lanes. At least when running, I can go on the sidewalk, uneven as it is. Bikes can't do that.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Swimming!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I prefer cycling, but only because it's enjoyable. :wink:

I like that it's something I can do from my front door, or that I can use it for transportation through beautiful places. Ride from town to town, stop for lunch, go over a mountain pass and enjoy the free, fast ride down the other side...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Cycling is fun until you got to fix that flat. Ugh. I like hiking better!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    WNB?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a preference (of the two) for running but what I'd like to point out is that:
    • Get a group of experienced runners together and the conversation will eventually turn to their numerous injuries
    • Get a group of experienced cyclists together and the conversation will eventually turn to their expensive equipment

take from that what you will ;)

Accurate! And funny.

I do both but I'm more of a runner at heart, my bike is just a form of transportation rather than recreation. If running was as fast as cycling I'd probably never ride again...but then, I don't have an expensive bike :lol:
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ohhh pretty! the only problem with having a bike that has 650cc wheels - finding race wheels that fit is a PITA
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    ohhh pretty! the only problem with having a bike that has 650cc wheels - finding race wheels that fit is a PITA

I believe HED's H3s come in a 650. I'm biased though... I friggin love those wheels.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options

What kind of bike is it?
  • Dominuslive
    Dominuslive Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cycling can be done all year! It just takes the right clothes and bike to do it up north. Yes it is more expensive, but there are more group events too. Cycling is just more social and a great way to clear your head!t7sh6uehljas.jpg
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

What kind of bike is it?

Trek Speed Concept TriBike - I can find Zipp's but even then 650cc are cost prohibitive

my LBS did a fit and recommended frame sizes - but the cannondale that would have gotten me to 700cc would have required more tweaking than my LBS thought it was worth