Friend Request Disappointment

Options
jmp463
jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
So have you ever had someone who was friends with all of your friends on MFP. And you tend to like each others comments. You even find that person to be funny and maybe even good looking in their profile pics? So after some time you send them a FR thinking they would make a great addition and they accept. And then...you find out they are a dud. All of sudden once you friend them - they dont bother liking any of your comments and never comment on any of your posts. Then I find myself wondering "How long before I can delete this person and not look like a tool?" This happened to me recently and it just made me laugh because its not the first time. I am sure it wont be the last either. Anyway - that was my MFP thought on a Friday afternoon. Hope everyone is good.

Replies

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    you delete asap.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    you delete asap.

No don't delet me!!!
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    you delete asap.

No don't delet me!!!

pssh never
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    you delete asap.

No don't delet me!!!

pssh never

Yes!!! :*
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. I just deleted some more today.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Are you sure that, they never; do or rarely do? Even here, much of us've a lot on; our plates! I comment somewhat here on the forums, I like/comment occasionally on my friends comments/posts, I message a few times with them, I get messages concerning my grammar, I get messages via perverts, I created a group, I created a Google Sheets Weight Chart for it, we've our own forum there that I post upon & get send/receive messages to/from them concerning any issues! Many of us find much of the automatic updates interfere with, our ability to adequately socialize within our News Feed it's why; I've few friends! I suggest asking yourself if, you've unreasonable expectations of; your friends 1st? I mainly, send friend requests & accept them to let that person know that, I take a particular liking to them than; the remainder of the community here!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    The friend list thing. The pressure! No fun. I tried it when I first signed up here and found it wasn't my thing.

Life is hard enough with the real relationships and the pouting and cold shoulders when a text gets overlooked, or the email response gets delayed or a phone call doesn't get returned right away.

So we feel compelled to replicate these 21st century electronic pitfalls with our imaginary computer friends.

It's way more satisfying to just play on the forums and open groups when the mood suits you and keep it in-the-moment!

I don't have, imaginary friends! This' just as much of; a realistic social medium as any text, phone call; or letter via snail mail! Some people here've met & formed offline relationships, which is impossible with; an imaginary friend! People're able to, be faux anywhere offline as well!
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    and after you delete them, as they are not commenting or liking anything, you get a message say OMG, YOU DELETED ME?!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    Are you getting paid for every like or comment on your posts? Relax man... none of it means a damn thing.

wait...you're not getting paid?
  • wardamnirish056
    wardamnirish056 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    I think you are overthinking it.

Agreed. Friends come and go, whether they're here or anywhere else. Stuff happens. Do what you think is best and don't sweat it.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Are you getting paid for every like or comment on your posts? Relax man... none of it means a damn thing.

wait...you're not getting paid?

Just in vag vids and dik pics

i'm getting screwed. i'm writing a strongly worded letter to under armour. i'm willing to give the money back.