Hasn't reflected on the scale- pics

Options
Laviegurl25
Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
I post this story for those who are frustrated or disheartened.
These pictures are just over two months apart. I have been eating healthy and working out, switching between cardio and weights.
Every week I would excitedly jump on the scale to see what was lost and be disheartened. Half a pound, quarter of a pound, gained a pound, lost a pound.
I got frustrated and disheartened, but kept going as I know results won't happen if I gave up. I luckily took before pictures and compared, otherwise I would have surely given up. This is ONLY 6 lbs lighter. I hope these inspire the frustrated, angry and disheartened, like myself, to keep on going because sometimes the scale just doesn't matter.
cduup0fgtphf.jpgwylqyj54ih3j.jpg

Replies

• rubysliipers08
    rubysliipers08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous!
  • marie9910
    marie9910 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story!
  • Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can identify with your scale frustration! I have made the decision to limit my visits to the scale king . He at times undermines my focus & blurs the lines. Thanks for posting the pictures . Inspiring !
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look amazing!
    If you really want to lose, MFP gives you back too many calories when you log exercise. You might try eating back half the calories instead of all of them.
    But the progress you are making looks phenom.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I took before and now pics also which if I didn't like you I would not have saw the change only losing 10 lbs. I also kept my goal jeans and outfit. That is a definite must because clothes that you use to be able to fit really helps when you try them on again and they fit when you think the scale isn't moving fast enough! You look great, keep up the good work and thanks for the pics!
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That is a significant change.
    Can I ask a couple of questions:
    What type of exercise are you doing?
    Also, how tall are you?
  • Laviegurl25
    Options
    suzesvelte wrote: »
    That is a significant change.
    Can I ask a couple of questions:
    What type of exercise are you doing?
    Also, how tall are you?

Depends on the day. I switch every other day between cardio and weights as I squeeze it all in during my lunch hour. If it's a weight day I do a 10 mins cardio warm up and then 30 mins weights. One weight day will be arms, the next legs. On cardio days it's 25-30 mins either jogging, elliptical, bike and I add in 10 mins of rowing. I work out at a minimum 4x a week.
    I'm about 5'7. Maybe a bit shy from that height.
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I needed to see this today!! Thank you for sharing, you can see a big difference - glorious!!
  • Laviegurl25
    Options
    I needed to see this today!! Thank you for sharing, you can see a big difference - glorious!!
    I'm glad I could motivate you today. I always find this page so motivating when I'm losing my way.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Go you!
  • Jmbean84
    Jmbean84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I really needed this today! I have been doing a body transformation class at my local gym. I am on week 4 and the scale hasn't really budged. Ice only weighed twice in 4 weeks and it was the same both times. I do notice muscle gains and I know muscle weighs more then fat. But the scale is my worst enemy and has caused me to quit so many times in the past. I did take before pics and will be taking more next week. I do feel I've lost inches but haven't measured again yet. It just made me feel better seeing your post after stepping on the scale this morning with no difference. Great job!!!!!
  • lorriefagan
    lorriefagan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really needed to see this today. I'm frustrated with the scale and my weight loss. Two months and lost 10.2 lbs. The scale goes up and down on a daily basis. Thanks for reminding me that the scale is only a small part of the process. You look great. Keep up the good work!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Thanks soooo much for the post. What an inspiration! I've only lost 5 pounds in 100 days. When I hear folks lament their slow losses, they're not as slow as me. I get sulky and want to quit. Hey, I'm only human. NSV's mean so much more- I've lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist and thighs. My pants are still tight, but not as bad. I'm eating the most balanced I have in years, including bananas and some bread/pasta/spuds. I lost on Atkins before, but I could NEVER indulge. Now I can a little, which helps me want to keep doing this. My hubby eats like a growing 12 year old, so I'm jealous of him. He also runs 15-20 miles a week, which my knees won't let me do. Sorry about the length of my blabbing, but I just had my mind changed to NOT quit and keep up the fight- it's for me, and I'm worth fighting for. :)
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    Thanks soooo much for the post. What an inspiration! I've only lost 5 pounds in 100 days. When I hear folks lament their slow losses, they're not as slow as me. I get sulky and want to quit. Hey, I'm only human. NSV's mean so much more- I've lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist and thighs. My pants are still tight, but not as bad. I'm eating the most balanced I have in years, including bananas and some bread/pasta/spuds. I lost on Atkins before, but I could NEVER indulge. Now I can a little, which helps me want to keep doing this. My hubby eats like a growing 12 year old, so I'm jealous of him. He also runs 15-20 miles a week, which my knees won't let me do. Sorry about the length of my blabbing, but I just had my mind changed to NOT quit and keep up the fight- it's for me, and I'm worth fighting for. :)
    I have the bad knees too. Have you ever tried the leg extensions where you can do one leg at a time? I use the lightest weight, and it strengthens the muscles around me knees. I don't run, but I do very light jog when I do the treadmill for a few minutes to mix it up and increase endurance. Good luck with that.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Great job. I was losing inches early on but it was day 45 before I lost the first pound of weight. My joint and muscle pain management kicked in at day 30 which was my reason for changing my way of eating. 2.5 years later the pain is ever better managed by diet only (no Rx meds).

I do wish everyone would give it 90-180 days when they change their way of eating and moving.

Keep up your great success.
  • cbeucher
    cbeucher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am at the frustrated part and I needed this today so badly. Very hard to lose weight especially when you don't see the results on the scale. I am using clothes to gage for awhile because my husband says I have rose colored glasses on when it comes to other people but not myself. I am type 1 diabetic and it makes it hard at times when blood sugars get low but not impossible , I've done it before, this time I'm post heart stent and 44. You look great and the results show big time. I have only been at it 8 days but gained 3 pounds, unsure why when I eat 1200 calories and worked out every single day, weights and cardio. I am only 5'1 so yes 1200 is what I aim for to lose 2 pounds a week it just didn't happen for me this time. I'm gonna try pictures in the morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!