• LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Every day!
  • dalem12
    dalem12 Posts: 13 Member
    first thing every morning for me.
  • RicSur
    RicSur Posts: 44 Member
    Every Tuesday and Saturday after going to the loo and before breakfast.
  • Sara3434
    Sara3434 Posts: 48 Member
    Sneakily everyday just to check I'm going in the right direction and if what I've eaten the previous makes me retain water etc...... but only on a Friday if anyone asks lol
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I've gone to the toilet. It works for me.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Another daily weigher - I like to track the progress. I find weighing less regularly means you might not have a true gauge of how you're going - one weigh in day might be a light day whereas the next would be heavy. At least doing it daily, you can see the overall trend.

It helps if you don't get too caught up in the number - I don't let the scale weight affect me anymore, I know it's just a number! I prefer to worry about skin folds and measurements
  • RicSur
    RicSur Posts: 44 Member
    But then some fitness gurus call the bathroom scales the sport of the devil
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Daily, I'm very results driven as well. If it goes down, I feel good and know that what I've been doing works. If it goes up it just motivates me more to make better choices.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I do an official weigh-in every weekend, usually Sunday Morning.

Maybe I'll also jump on the scale once or twice during the week, but that's usually with clothes and mid day, just to calibrate my mind.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Monthly - Daily or even weekly was discouraging and demotivating for me.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Probably every 3-4 weeks, and I only record the weight if it's gone down. There is no formula that works for everyone since the psychological reaction to weight fluctuations is different. If weighing yourself every day is discouraging, DON'T DO IT.
  • kbarrett0701
    kbarrett0701 Posts: 54 Member
    In the beginning, it was every week and now it's every other day.

15482907.png
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    I weigh in daily (in the morning). You have to be prepared for the fact that sometimes the scale will go up, though.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Daily here too. I like seeing the data. I only lose weight about every two weeks though.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    I currently weigh-in every 2 weeks. I was doing it once a week but was getting discouraged, since I'm a very results driven person. It keeps me very committed!

How often do you weigh-in, what do you recommend? Also what day of the week do you pick?

You mean how often do I weigh?? Every single morning. Unless I am at a hotel with no scale, I never get up and don't weigh myself. Been doing this for so many years it's my normal.