Apple cider vinegar

Options
Has anyone ever tried using it. with exercise and dieting and saw any results

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Only in recipes when required. Why, does it have some new magical properties?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not a short cut or a secret weapon for weight loss. Is there some sort of media blitz?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I use it as salad dressing and I lost 25kgs.
  • dawndionisi
    dawndionisi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere where it can help with weight lose but also has other benefits for health like lowering cholesterol and maintain blood sugar levels if diabetic
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ive heard it can help shut down your kidneys in the event of a surprise drug test, or so I've heard. But no, unless it magically induces a caloric deficit then it won't do anything. Just settle in for the long haul and enjoy the progress you get to make.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere where it can help with weight lose but also has other benefits for health like lowering cholesterol and maintain blood sugar levels if diabetic

@dawndionisi can i ask where you read this? ACV threads pop up here nearly every day, is Facebook etc being flooded with articles about it?
  • dawndionisi
    Options
    No I think I heard about through shape magazine
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    It has zero effect on weight loss. Plain and simple.
  • dawndionisi
    Options
    Ok got it guys. Just asking
  • rckc1
    rckc1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I took it for 3 months and noticed no difference in anything...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    rckc1 wrote: »
    I took it for 3 months and noticed no difference in anything...

Me neither, and it tastes revolting, not to mention the damage it can do to your teeth.

I transferred my bottle from the kitchen to the shower and rinse my hair with it sometimes. I did use it as a toner on my face a few times, but I'm still scarred by the experience of chugging it down that whenever a drop accidentally got on my lips and in my mouth i got shuddering flashbacks :confounded: so stopped doing that pretty quick!!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Ok got it guys. Just asking

Unfortunately there is a thread started several times a week about ACV so many people do have a bit of fun with the woo. Nothing personal. I haven't posted my hot bacon dressing recipe lately. Might do that again soon. Favorite thing to make with ACV.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    No I think I heard about through shape magazine
    Find CORRECT information on the forums here. I can promise you'll get straight up answers to the latest fads that are out there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

Not exactly a peer reviewed website. Care to share a link showing proper scientific studies?