Intermittent Fasting (IF) for a month

Options
khaliiiiil
khaliiiiil Posts: 1 Member
I read a lot about IF and found out that is the best "healthy" way to reduce or burn the stored body fat without negatively influencing your body hormones and your metabolic rate. According to what i read, IF claims to rise your metabolic rate which mean you will burn more calories and will have more energy to spend around.
The first few days will be hard, the same as going to the gym to the first time, and after it, it will get easier.
I started IF today with a plan of 18h fasting and 6h of eating window, I could not stick to my plan and ended up with 22h fasting. :|
For me, this is not the first time that i have followed a fasting diet, last one month fasting diet i made few years ago resulted of losing 10kg, 5kg of them were during the one month of fasting and another 5kg were after 3 weeks of normal eating without an planned diet.
I will keep you posted on the results.

Replies

• comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    khaliiiiil wrote: »
    I read a lot about IF and found out that is the best "healthy" way to reduce or burn the stored body fat without negatively influencing your body hormones and your metabolic rate. According to what i read, IF claims to rise your metabolic rate which mean you will burn more calories and will have more energy to spend around.

This is overhyped nonsense.

I find IF great for satiety though, so I do it all the time. Putting everything within an 8 hour window in the latter half of the day (usually 6 in practise) is by far the easiest way to diet for me.
  • jennyrn08
    jennyrn08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you starting the challenge today? I was looking to do the same.
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    jennyrn08 wrote: »
    Are you starting the challenge today? I was looking to do the same.
    just started reading up on IF, I think the 16:8 is doable for me. I wouldn't mind participating in the challenge and be a motivator and a learner at the same time. I am interested...

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    I've been a 16:8 eater pretty much all of my life. I like to fill up and then not worry about food again for several hours.

I'm not sure about the hype about hormones, but it is a good way to set parameters around my food and it works for me. I think if you just stay within your calories, that's the only thing that matters. Whatever little tricks help with that are good.
  • wanna_be_free
    wanna_be_free Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ive started doing this today too