I really like OMAD

Options
Being the typical non-conformist that I am and have always been, I figured eventually I would have to stumble upon something after 34 years that would work and probably be something unlike what the general population is raving about.

I can't do moderation - with food or with any area of my life. Nothing to be proud of, but it is how I am, I live on one pole or the other and remaining in the middle is very hard to impossible for me. I can't eat an ounce of potato chips, either I eat the whole bag or I won't bother starting, because once I start I can not stop.

I developed binge eating disorder when I was 22, I am now 56 so that is a really long time to struggle with weight and body issues, along with the self loathing that comes along as a freebie.

I just finished my 2nd day of OMAD and could not be happier. It is perfect for someone like me who struggles against black and white thinking as I don't have to worry about moderation or limited meals and snacks. I wake up around 5 pm, and I eat a sizeable vegan meal around 11:45 am and I am good to go.

Color me happy.

Replies

• jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found something that is working for you. I too have the all or nothing problem. I do much better with strict rules on my eating. I am currently doing OMAD, sometimes more 20/4 depending on if I think I ate enough food to make it through until the next evening. Also to keep my calories up since I barely make 1200 without the extra snack.

This is the only way I have lost any significant amount of weight since I was a teen.
  • AZIZAELLAZIZA
    AZIZAELLAZIZA Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I am doing OMAD right now, 1 meal within 1 hour per day, it is quite strict in that I am constantly watching the clock to make sure I don't go over the hour mark. I would prefer doing what you are doing, 20/4. I am being strict now as I need to get my blood sugar down and at least to get out of the 180s sometime soon. I will be glad when it is done. I can however never go back to chips, chocolate, sugar, white carbs, once I have a taste, I am like a crack addict looking for her next fix !
    I'm glad you found something that is working for you. I too have the all or nothing problem. I do much better with strict rules on my eating. I am currently doing OMAD, sometimes more 20/4 depending on if I think I ate enough food to make it through until the next evening. Also to keep my calories up since I barely make 1200 without the extra snack.

This is the only way I have lost any significant amount of weight since I was a teen.

• jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I am doing OMAD right now, 1 meal within 1 hour per day, it is quite strict in that I am constantly watching the clock to make sure I don't go over the hour mark. I would prefer doing what you are doing, 20/4. I am being strict now as I need to get my blood sugar down and at least to get out of the 180s sometime soon. I will be glad when it is done. I can however never go back to chips, chocolate, sugar, white carbs, once I have a taste, I am like a crack addict looking for her next fix !

Yes! I did Omad of whatever I wanted and it was just a see saw for me. I can eat a lot of brownies in an hour. Currently mostly fooda, no gluten/dairy. Not as strict as paleo but a lot of the general ideas. It is working much better.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've no idea what OMAD is.
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has a group for OMAD! Cool beans :) I'm glad you found something that works for you all. I posted the link for the group (er- thread sorry!) below because I'm learning about different approaches to food myself:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1411922/starting-omad-introduce-yourself-here

Cheers!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    One Meal A Day.

• LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    One Meal A Day.

Don't sound very healthy