Mom Looking for Health/Weight Loss Budy

I'm an almost 40 mom of two looking for a buddy or two to share support and accountability in trying to get healthier and lose some extra body fat put on during my pregnancies. Anyone in a similar position looking for friendly support please add me. Thanks.

Replies

• slew1s
    slew1s Posts: 2 Member
    Hey hmomaine. I'm looking for motivation, as well. I'm a 40 year old mom of 3 and I'm struggling with what seem to be overnight changes in my body (I can't lose the weight) and the daily challenges of providing meals for the family without continuing to gain more weight. I don't have a community yet, but I'm here if you want support.
  • br0906
    br0906 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi ladies! I'm going to be 35 this year and a mother of two. I am back down to my weight before I got pregnant with #2, but am not as strong/toned as I was before. I struggle with finding foods that the littles will eat (they are 5 1/2 and 2) and fit within my goals. My diary is open and I'd love to have more friends!
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    hmomaine wrote: »
    I'm an almost 40 mom of two looking for a buddy or two to share support and accountability in trying to get healthier and lose some extra body fat put on during my pregnancies. Anyone in a similar position looking for friendly support please add me. Thanks.

Add me. I'm new and looking for new friends wanting to eat healthy and get fit.
  • mamaminxdropinlbs
    mamaminxdropinlbs Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ladies! I'm a mother of 3 boys a teen, a 1st grader and a newborn. My very complicated pregnancy packed back on the 100 lbs I lost 5 years ago when I joined MFP. I guess I should be happy I'm still down 40lbs from the weight I was at 5 years ago but it so very depressing to have gained all that back in the corse of a year. I'm looking for friends to do it all over again! I've started eating healthy and working on my yoga, so I figured joining back up and finding some awesome people to go on this journey with was the next step! Please add me if your looking for support. I'm an avid logger! And chatty lol.
  • sexyjacky
    sexyjacky Posts: 40 Member
    Hi I'm a mom as well and would like some mom buddies.. add me :) & we can help e/o and motivate one another.
  • acer88
    acer88 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi I'm a mom of one and I'll be turning 40 in about a year. I am hoping to have shed some extra weight and be as healthy as I can by that time because I know that in the last 5 years my metabolism has changed and I know the changes are going to continue after I turn 40. Feel free to add me :)
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm a 40 something mom and would like to have some friends to help motivate and encourage each other. Feel free to add me
  • VictoriaMcClughan
    VictoriaMcClughan Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a new mumma to a 4 month old baby girl and would love friends to help motivate / support each other towards weightloss and health goals. :) ... how do you add someone?
  • Samjbooksy
    Samjbooksy Posts: 13 Member
    Hello all,

I am a 35 year old mom of 2, and since my youngest is 7 I do not think I can still call it baby weight!

Looking to lose about 4-5 stone!

Feel free to add me :-)

Sam
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Just turned 40 last month. Mom of 2 (7 & 9y/o). Work full time. Anyone feel free to add!
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Mom to two little girls! My stepdaughter will be 5 in june and my "baby" girl just turned three on 03/01! I will be 26 next month and work full time :) Husband is a landscaper :) Feel Free to add ladies!
  • dominette3168
    dominette3168 Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello ladies, I'm a 36 year old mother of two boys, 9 & 10. I'm still trying to get rid of the baby weight (Sam). Long story short, I have depression and PTSD from my abusive ex. I gained 35-40lbs in a year, and struggle to get motivated and get off my butt. I'd LOVE to see 125 on the scale, but ultimately, I'll be happy if I can get my waist below 30" again.

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies!

Steph
  • Heidismith1983
    Heidismith1983 Posts: 2 Member
    I would also love some accountability and friends on here. I am a 33 year old mom of 3. I'm 100 lbs over weight and really am mad at myself for it. My kids are 1st, 2nd and 4th grade. Today was my "reset". :)
  • Samjbooksy
    Samjbooksy Posts: 13 Member
    Hello ladies, I'm a 36 year old mother of two boys, 9 & 10. I'm still trying to get rid of the baby weight (Sam). Long story short, I have depression and PTSD from my abusive ex. I gained 35-40lbs in a year, and struggle to get motivated and get off my butt. I'd LOVE to see 125 on the scale, but ultimately, I'll be happy if I can get my waist below 30" again.

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies!

Steph

I had very bad Post Natal Depression after my youngest and that is also when I put most of weight on! Depression makes it so much harder. I find even now, I am a lot harder and self critical of myself that I was before, and a lot more anxious in general.
  • dominette3168
    Ugh, depression is the worst...just drains the life out of you.

Steph
  • dominette3168
    Hey mamas,

What would you ladies say if I made us a group?

Steph
  • kaylayanicole
    kaylayanicole Posts: 2 Member
    Hey there, I'm 27 and have 2 kids under 3 but am trying to stick with working out on my lunch at work. I work full-time but get an hour lunch so instead of sitting all day and continuing to eat at my desk job. I have decided to take advantage of the gym at my job and do 20- 25 minutes of cardio monday thru Friday. It's been difficult but I'm getting to the point now where I can go the full 20 minutes on the bike at level 3 and 90 rotations a minutes without having my heartbeat go past 160. Now I need to work on fewer carb intake. Trying to loose this baby weight of 70 pounds. Add me would love some encouraging buddies and accountability friends.
  • teachmama79
    teachmama79 Posts: 64 Member
    Hi all!

I'm 37, a teacher, and a mother of two awesome kiddos, 10 and 7! Both my children are high functioning autistic and recently the oldest was diagnosed with ADHD. I've also been dealing with some medical issues myself. So, I've definitely been struggling with emotional eating! I would love some motivating and supportive friends! Feel free to add me!

Teri
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Hi, I'm Max, full time working mum of 2 boys aged 2 & 4.....struggling to be good all the time....or even some of the time and would be good to have some MFP mummies to keep each other motivated! Add me:)
  • dominette3168
    Teri,

It seems like we're in similar boats. In addition to my emotional problems, both my boys have severe ADHD and PTSD. Eating/exercising well gets difficult when you're focusing so much on the welfare of your children. I think for us, it will have to be a family lifestyle change...get our kids onboard with the exercising and work with them to find healthy options for meals. I just haven't found the magical combination yet. :P

Steph