Salad dressings

What is the best brand/type of salad dressing to use? My favorite is ranch but know that's hard to find types that are healthy.

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    I make my own. Sour cream with any spices I want; or add hot sauce or sriracha- yum! Or add a little ranch dressing (powdered from Penzeys) mix to the sour cream. Or any vinaigrette- easy to make, honey mustard, too! We have like 6 bottles of random dressing but I try to make my own when I can. Knowing those bottles have been in the fridge forever grosses me out.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    I just use either:
    Olive oil & balsamic
    Or
    Olive oil & a squeezed lime
    That sort of thing
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Tessamae's dressings are pretty awesome, but they are pretty pricy. I make my own most of the time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just use Kraft Italian dressing. I must admit I've never had a creamy dressing on a regular salad, other than ceaser salad.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    I make my own or use the excellent Bolthouse Greek yogurt dressings.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Olive Garden lite dressing (grocery store).
  • p_fitnesslife
    p_fitnesslife Posts: 8 Member
    You should check out Walden Farm brand. It calorie-free and it taste great. Just look into it if you have time.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2017
    I love walden farms honey dijon! SOOOOO good. I also love the sesame ginger one. I go through a bottle every few weeks. Not very "healthy" though because its basically just chemicals LOL.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Homemade
  • angerlo
    angerlo Posts: 13 Member
    I use Walden farms and they have a good variety
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    What you like that fits in your calories. If you can find one that adds something you want to include in your diet, I suppose that's good too.

I like vinaigrettes, so I make my own with good vinegar (different types) and EV olive oil. I use less olive oil than in a standard recipe, I've found you really don't need much. If I really want to cut calories I sometimes use just balsamic or vinegar (again, different types, but commonly red wine vinegar) plus a good spicy brown mustard.

For various Asian style and some cucumber/tomato-based salads I do a mix of sriracha, soy sauce, and lemon or lime juice.
  • jenbeck18
    jenbeck18 Posts: 32 Member
    Bolthouse farms! Theyre in most grocery stores near the salads refrigerator section (not the usual salad dressing aisle) They're yogurt based salad dressings and only around 40-45 cals/2 tb try their ranch! I have their salsa ranch, creamy garlic, and creamy balsamic they're all equally yummy.

This! Boathouse also makes OPA dressing and its fantastic
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I like Bolthouse, Kraft Calorie-wise, or some olive oil and a balsamic glaze (way more flavor than regular balsamic and a little goes a long way)
  • I am a huge fan of vinaigrettes.
  • dw920
    dw920 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm doing a Whole45, so I'm either making my own Ranch, buying Tessemae brand dressings, or just using olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    My favorite is just Aged Basalmic (from Love that Olive) and #2 is Panera's Poppyseed Dressing (fairly low in calories compared to others).
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    I either make my own with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar plus whatever I feel like or, if I'm really into saving some calories I use salsa.

• treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    I've been having the Kraft Raspberry Vinagrette lately. Only 30 cal per tbsp so not too bad.