Stretch marks are....

Options
...the worst.
I know I've asked this question before but today I happen to be struggling with my self image. Do guys care about stretch marks on a woman's body? I have them on my stomach, hips and some around my chest which all have faded tremendously but I still notice them. My boyfriend hasn't noticed them yet, but I'm afraid he'll be grossed out by them. I know that I have a great figure but do these little flaws subtract from my?

Replies

• sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Speaking as a guy ... meh, whatever. There are so many things that are more important to me. I have them, too, if you know where to look.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't really notice or care. But like most things I think we are most sensitive to the things we see as flaws in ourselves and others don't notice them as much as we think they do. I had bad acne as a teenager, and I'm sure that was noticeable then but I'm pretty sensitive about my skin because it has some flaws. Also for every person who says they don't care, there is someone out there who does. So don't worry about one person liking or disliking them.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like to think of them as ritual scarification...way more trendy than plain old stretch marks!!!
  • AZIZAELLAZIZA
    AZIZAELLAZIZA Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Strange looking but I'd rather have them then all the cellulite I have on about 35% of my body.
  • ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Often times the things we women worry about our bodies NEVER even cross a man's mind
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    trishope wrote: »
    ...the worst.
    I know I've asked this question before but today I happen to be struggling with my self image. Do guys care about stretch marks on a woman's body? I have them on my stomach, hips and some around my chest which all have faded tremendously but I still notice them. My boyfriend hasn't noticed them yet, but I'm afraid he'll be grossed out by them. I know that I have a great figure but do these little flaws subtract from my?

Stretch marks are beautiful in their own way. It tells more about a women's strength that her muscles.
  • ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You notice them because you spend so much time in your own skin, just like you notice your every flaw and imperfection that literally no one else is ever going to notice. Your boyfriend doesn't either because he is like most men and doesn't care or because they aren't nearly as noticeable as you've made yourself believe. Personally, I love my stretch marks. They're signs of my life. Growing, gaining weight, losing weight. When they fade, since they still pop up as I'm still losing weight, they are only noticeable to me when I press the skin together. Don't be so mean to yourself, stretch marks are normal and very common. There's nothing gross about them.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have them on my butt, chest, and belly. I've never met a man that cared about it one way or the other.
  • charlenekemp07
    charlenekemp07 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    During my pregnancy I picked up a lot of weight through really bad eating and got a lot of stretch marks because of it and to be honest...it doesn't really bother me, it did a little in the beginning, but now I honestly don't care. They remind me of who I was and what I did with my body and now that I'm fit and a lot healthier, they are like my 'battle scars' and I will never ever allow myself to let go and not care about health again, pregnant or not. It doesn't bother my husband because he knows it doesn't bother me. He once told me I'm a tiger and I couldn't stop laughing, lol.
  • QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a child nor been pregnant yet but I have a lot of stretch marks all over my body due to weight gain. I used to be bothered by them but later noticed it's just causing me to worry. I fell in love with myself 2 years ago and since then, have not worried about any part of my 185 pounds body.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If he is grossed out by any part of your body then he's got issues, not you.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    There are certain things that bother me ..(cellulite, stretch marks, loose skin, muscle imbalances etc) but in the end I still rock what I've got. If your BF is grossed out, then that is his problem. I am sure you look awesome!
  • cfritchley26
    cfritchley26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my stomach and hips...at one point they were pink and very visible (they seem less noticeable since I have started losing weight, but that could all be in my head) and my husband never seemed to care. I very rarely see myself as beautiful...but that man has never seen me as anything BUT beautiful.

The right person will be too distracted by what they love about your body to notice anything else.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are...a part of life (for some people).

Learn to be comfortable with your body. If he judges you on superficial things, like stretch marks, he's not worth your time.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Men don't care. And if he does he isn't worth the ground you walk on.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I broke out in stretch marks all over my body when I hit puberty, They went all the way around my middle, on my chest, on my shoulders, backs of my knees, tops of my arms. It was really alarming as they were dark purple but all of them eventually faded away to silvery lines. I was a bit wild in my youth and had no shortage of men in my life. Not one of them cared about the stretch marks, those that I asked had not even noticed until I pointed them out. In my experience by the time a man has you naked he is very happy and really is not studying your skin for scars. My ex husnband never even noticed them. My partner is a tall slim guy and he has some stretch marks across his back. I don't care about stretch marks on a partner. Anyone bothered by something like that is not worth being with anyway.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I can only tell you about my stretch marks. People think they are ugly. I think of them as proof of how far I have come. 260lbs left stretch marks on my stomach, arms and thighs. 190lbs those same stretch marks are my bodies way of proving how far I have come and to not go back.

Don't think of things as negatives. Surround yourself with positivity and see how much brighter life is.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I have been underweight/ lower end normal my entire life. I got stretch marks at 15 when my boobs and hips came in over one summer. They have always been silvery. Ive known loads of guys with them too on their lower back or biceps. No biggie. Im more bothered by cellulite which is much much better since i cut out caffeine. (i drank alot - maybe 7-10 large mugs a day).
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    as a man, I could care less of the marks but the true beauty within that shines thru.