The dreaded muffin top

Options
2»

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You just need 'Mom Jeans' until you lose the pudge.

[video]https://youtu.be/2aVxNH6iN9I[/video]
  • jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't buy into everyone saying the muffin top is being caused by pants that are too tight. My pants fit just fine and they're mid rise but my actual stomach is 3 inches bigger all the way around than my hips. Has nothing to do with my pants. It's called beer and pizza belly! I can't even stand high-rise pants, the bellybutton should never be covered! Lol

I'm also working to get rid of this and I've lost 10 pounds and it hasn't come off the belly yet. I'm eating in a deficit to lose fat and also working out to tone the muscle. Hopefully that will work for you, too!
    good luck
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    jludwick78 wrote: »
    I don't buy into everyone saying the muffin top is being caused by pants that are too tight. My pants fit just fine and they're mid rise but my actual stomach is 3 inches bigger all the way around than my hips. Has nothing to do with my pants. It's called beer and pizza belly! I can't even stand high-rise pants, the bellybutton should never be covered! Lol

I'm also working to get rid of this and I've lost 10 pounds and it hasn't come off the belly yet. I'm eating in a deficit to lose fat and also working out to tone the muscle. Hopefully that will work for you, too!
    good luck

You can not agree and still be wrong.
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Perhaps i used the wrong word when i posted that. I meant "the mommy pouch" not a hangover of fat cause by tight pants.

Yep my overhang over my c-section scare has gone, (noticed a couple of days ago) I've still got more belly fat to go but the over hang but is not there.

I used kettlebells and it really works when you use a weight that is not too easy. Started at 8kg, then 12kg now starting to move up to 16kg. Just did the basic KB swing. I'm also eating at a deficit of 500 calories as I'm trying to lose body fat % all over.

Like I said I have move to go but I can feel muscle underneath so all good but the overhang I had since my fourth child born 6 years ago so I'm so pleased it's finally gone. Everyone told me it has I had 4 c-sections it would never go, how wrong were they
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oops old thread
  • kmorrow0712
    kmorrow0712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Becca_250 wrote: »
    Yeah I was going to say, I just buy super high waist jeans which fixes the problem :D

Yup... I wear the Old Navy high waisted pants, they suck that sucker in!