Have you lost weight by ditching certain foods?

Hello there, I hope you have a wonderful day. I have hypothyroidism and I have stopped eating bread since it makes me sluggish and I feel like passing out after indulging in carbohydrates. So have you cut out any foods from your diet and started noticing real results?

Replies

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Wine. I tend to eat all the yummy snacks when I drink.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    I stopped drinking soda regardless if it's diet or not, and vending machine treats.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Other than most fries from fast food places, no. But it only works if cutting these foods out puts you in a calorie deficit.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I dropped added sugar and grains, as well as most fruits. Its limiting but I feel much better doing it so I'll continue.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    I stopped drinking regular soda and switched to 0 calorie soda because I need the increased caffeine in Pepsi max and have noticed my blood sugar is better.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    I've tried it, and all that happens for me is I crave that food and feel like a failure if I eat it. I just try to eat as healthy as possible, living in the real world, and keep as close to my calorie limit for the day as possible.

My one exception for food I never eat is pizza. Pizza kills me every time. It makes me feel so sick and bloated and nauseated and gross. I have stopped eating pizza.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    I have inadvertently because I can't eat as much of certain things and still feel like I'm healthy and within my calorie goal, and I don't want a ton of it sitting around my house (I.e. Pizza, Chinese food, etc)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Nope. Eating all the foods, just less of them keeps me committed.
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    I've tried it, and all that happens for me is I crave that food and feel like a failure if I eat it. I just try to eat as healthy as possible, living in the real world, and keep as close to my calorie limit for the day as possible.

My one exception for food I never eat is pizza. Pizza kills me every time. It makes me feel so sick and bloated and nauseated and gross. I have stopped eating pizza.

I don't know whether to feel bad for you, or to feel jealous.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Not eliminating anything. However I have made it a policy now to not buy the family size bag of potato chips (kcmasterpeice bbq) but instead only the tiny single serve size. I can't and should not fit a whole family size bag in and i used to eat a whole bag regularly which is part of why I am fat. I will eat a bag full regardless if 1oz or 30oz. I can and do occasionally allow myself the 1oz bag. I am losing weight about 1.4 lbs a week.
  • whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    I find that having accountability partners has changed somewhat of what I eat. Some days I go over and they don't create a fuss then. However one day I posted that I was gonna get some pizza. Man all of my friends were on me like white on rice!

I also find that logging everything helps me make better choices about what I eat i.e. more green rabbit food, fruits, fish, chicken (not fried), and whole grains.

However the important thing is having people who can hold you accountable, yet encourage you too.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I excluded nothing, but I did make more calorie conscious choices from the foods I enjoy and reduced overall quantity of food just for a while.

I prefer the approach of starting from what I should include rather than what to exclude.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    I've only cut out fast food.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Nothing, just eat less of it than I used to (95% of the time)
  • yobigman
    yobigman Posts: 16 Member
    I lost about 10 pounds when I stopped drinking alcohol. Alcohol adds calories, and it made me want to eat more too. Beer & pizza go great together!